- Mega Millions jackpot gets bigger as odds get worse
The jackpot for Friday night's drawing stands at an estimated $400 million, the second-largest Mega Millions jackpot ever -- thanks in part to some changes lottery officials made in October.
- Dow sinks 104 as market anticipates Fed move
- Boehner scolds conservatives | Farm law extended
- Government contractors: Is $487K a year enough?
- Mexico votes to end oil-industry monopoly
- Flat-screen TVs recalled for potential fire risk
- SeaTac businesses stung by $15-an-hour pay rate
- Gold, silver slide on prospects for a Fed pullback
- J.C. Penney cuts top brands to promote its own
- Ford plans 23 new cars, 11,000 new jobs | F
- Southwest to add international flights in 2014 | LUV
- 6 reasons savers are sexier than big spenders
- The dark side of a 'Downton Abbey' economy
Your financial life can be a minefield of decisions, and one wrong step will blow up everything. Here are some easy-to-make mistakes you should stop making.
- Bank of America's Merrill to pay $132 million in SEC case over mortgages4:24 PM ET | Reuters
- U.S. authorities near deal with JPMorgan on Madoff violations2:14 PM ET | Reuters
- Wall St. drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies5:11 PM ET | Reuters
- Adobe's first-quarter forecast misses estimates; shares fall4:32 PM ET | Reuters
- GM ties up loose ends as reign of new CEO nears4:03 PM ET | Reuters
- Exclusive: Penney shrinks top name brands to emphasize own labels4:47 PM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Learn about the recruiter/job seeker relationship and if it's the right move for your job search.
One in every 978 housing units received a foreclosure filing in October. Click to see if your state made the list.
- 5 questions to ask before choosing a mortgage term
Consider these questions when choosing between a 15-year or 30-year home loan.
- 8 outside-the-box ways to find a home
- What seasonal housing slowdown?
- Score a low interest rate while you can
- What are homes worth near you?
Should Obamacare health plans be prohibited from offering abortion coverage?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages finished the session on a lower note as the S&P 500 lost 0.4% while the Nasdaq shed 0.1%. The Russell 2000, which paced the retreat on Tuesday and Wednesday, added 0.2%, trimming its December loss to 3.5%.
After spending the first half of the session in a steady retreat, the S&P 500 found technical support in the 1772 area. Upon reaching that level, the index reversed sharply, and marched back to its flat line. There was no particular catalyst ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|