- Sales of new homes sank to an 8-month low in March
Sales fall by 14.5% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 384,000, declining for a second straight month. The housing market has been slammed by an unusually cold winter and higher interest rates.
- Stocks struggle after weak report on home sales
- Amazon nets exclusive right to some HBO shows
- GM ships out thousands of new ignition switches
- Union protests postal counters in Staples stores
- Faster production shores up Boeing's earnings
- Home care products lift Procter & Gamble profit
- Sherpas leave Everest as some climbs called off
- Mom sues FedEx for $100M over fiery bus crash
- Oklahoma faces budget crisis despite oil boom
- Netflix's earnings show it's no house of cards
- It's possible to save too much for retirement
- Spring cleaning? Toss these investments
While wages have been sliding nationally in the wake of the recession, median incomes have shot up by 20% or more in these places.
- U.S. new home sales dive to eight-month low in March10:53 AM ET | Reuters
- Wall Street edges lower following six-day S&P rally10:28 AM ET | Reuters
- HBO strikes deal with Amazon to stream shows9:49 AM ET | Reuters
- Special Report: For private placements, no one is vetting the vetters10:22 AM ET | Reuters
- Boeing posts higher adjusted profit, raises 2014 forecast9:43 AM ET | Reuters
- GM said it has shipped thousands of replacement ignition switches10:52 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
The average homeowner pays $2,800 in property taxes annually. In some states, it is five times higher.
- Largest homes for sale that just hit the market
Each of these homes is at least 33,000 square feet — and one has a 5,000-square-foot closet. Yes, a closet.
- What are homes worth near you?
- Homebuilder confidence rises slightly
- Check out homes for sale in your market
- Can you qualify for a low interest rate?
Use this handy calculator to figure out your credit score and see what loan rates might be available for you.
Do you think stocks are facing a bad decade ahead?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes. I'm looking for other investments.
- No. I'm staying in stocks.
- I don't know, but I'm holding a balanced portfolio regardless.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] After climbing back to their flat lines, the Dow and S&P 500 have turned back towards their lows once again as heavily-weighted technology (-0.8%) and health care (-0.5%) sectors remain weak.
While technology and health care represent two of the weakest sectors, the next two top-weighted groups-consumer discretionary (-0.2%) and financials (-0.1%)-are also seeing some selling interest.
Looking deeper into the financial sector reveals mixed performance among ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|