- US jobless claims surge, erase prior weeks' drops
Filings jump by 68,000 to a seasonally adjusted 368,000, reversing 3 weeks of declines. It was the largest weekly increase since November 2012. Claims for the prior week were revised upward by 2,000.
- Stocks turn sharply lower on mixed US data
- Retail sales rise solidly, boost economic outlook
- American Airlines orders 60 jets worth $2.5B
- Buffalo Wild Wings switches from Coke to Pepsi
- States putting restrictions on abortion insurance
- US targets companies evading Iran sanctions
- Airlines forecast profits to jump to record high
- Working conditions at Apple supplier improving
- Smith & Wesson aims high as gun sales rise
- 6 high-stakes tech stocks for 2014 | WDC | AMZN
- Countries where salaries are soaring | Video
- 5 investment moves to make before year ends
Your financial life can be a minefield of decisions, and one wrong step will blow up everything. Here are some easy-to-make mistakes you should stop making.
- Retail sales rise in November, boost economic outlook9:41 AM ET | Reuters
- Wall Street opens flat in wake of mixed data9:35 AM ET | Reuters
- Import prices fall for second straight month8:36 AM ET | Reuters
- American Airlines orders 60 Embraer jets worth $2.5 billion8:42 AM ET | Reuters
- GM yet to reap full benefits of European alliance plans9:42 AM ET | Reuters
- Fortum to sell Finnish power distribution grid for $3.5 billion10:10 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Learn about the recruiter/job seeker relationship and if it's the right move for your job search.
One in every 978 housing units received a foreclosure filing in October. Click to see if your state made the list.
- 5 questions to ask before choosing a mortgage term
Consider these questions when choosing between a 15-year or 30-year home loan.
- 8 outside-the-box ways to find a home
- What seasonal housing slowdown?
- Score a low interest rate while you can
- What are homes worth near you?
Do you think the Fed will end its stimulus program in 2014?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 73 %Yes. It has to end eventually.
- No. The markets are still addicted to it.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have dropped to fresh lows with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.4%) pacing the retreat. Large components like Visa (V 203.39, -2.27) and Nike (NKE 75.81, -0.79) are pressuring the index, trading lower by 1.0% apiece.
Just reported, October business inventories rose 0.7%, which was above the 0.3% increase expected by the Briefing.com consensus. This follows the prior month's revised increase of 0.5%. Nasdaq -0.68 at 4003.13... ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|