- Strong jobs report sends stock market soaring
The blue chips exceed 16,000 and the S&P tops 1,800 again after stronger-than-expected payroll gains give traders confidence that the economy could withstand a scaling back of the Fed's stimulus.
- Jobless rate hits 5-year low | Winners and losers
- Research reveals Buffett's market-beating skills
- Report: Obamacare to cost multibillions less
- Apple has iron grip on the app economy | AAPL
- Court case could mean 'death' of software patents
- Dylan's Newport electric guitar sells for $965,000
- Deep discounts sound warning for US retailers
- 10 years later, casino still fights 'birthday cash' suit
- Cargo bikes the new minivans for some families
- AT&T says it doesn't have to disclose NSA info
- Barnes & Noble shares sink on SEC probe | BKS
- Wendy's worker fired for dropping joint into food
If you're game for moving overseas in retirement, here are some places that are both beautiful and affordable.
- Strong jobs report ignites broad Wall Street rally1:59 PM ET | Reuters
- Unemployment rate hits five-year low, eyes on the Fed1:49 PM ET | Reuters
- Fed's Evans says open-minded on December taper, but prefers waiting2:35 PM ET | Reuters
- Consumer credit grows more than expected in October3:02 PM ET | Reuters
- Exclusive: Comcast taps JPMorgan on potential Time Warner Cable bid - sources3:19 PM ET | Reuters
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing business2:18 PM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Learn about the recruiter/job seeker relationship and if it's the right move for your job search.
One in every 978 housing units received a foreclosure filing in October. Click to see if your state made the list.
- 5 questions to ask before choosing a mortgage term
Consider these questions when choosing between a 15-year or 30-year home loan.
- 8 outside-the-box ways to find a home
- What seasonal housing slowdown?
- Score a low interest rate while you can
- What are homes worth near you?
Will Obamacare sink the Democrats' hopes of taking control of the House in 2014?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes. The Republicans can rest easy.
- No. The Democrats will still prevail.
- It's too early to tell.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] Precious metals bounced around in volatile trade during early morning pit action following better-than-anticipated economic data. Payroll and Michigan Sentiment data topped expectations while the unemployment rate dropped to 7%.
Both Feb gold and Mar silver fell to their respective session lows of $1210.10 and $19.17 per ounce and quickly rebounded into positive territory and to respective session highs of $1245.00 and $19.78 per ounce. The metals then consolidated near ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|