- Investors: How long can you afford to be wrong?
Opinion: Economist and venture-capital veteran William Janeway says 'you cannot afford not to follow the crowd,' even when the crowd is going in the wrong direction. But good things can come from it.
- S&P 500 has biggest weekly advance since July
- Fed's balance sheet logged $84B profit last year
- Ford, IBM to face renewed apartheid-era lawsuit
- Cramer: When fake wisdom makes real money
- Record labels sue Pandora over older songs | P
- Home Depot pulls plug on opening new locations
- Biggest tobacco supplier getting into food biz
- Chinese policy hits liquor stocks | DEO
- Coffee prices surge on concern about Brazil crop
- Health spending jumps as Obamacare kicks in
- Judge: No 'park it now' order for GM cars | GM
- 19 stocks for big dividends and buybacks | HAL
After considering factors like cost of living, taxes and potential income, these are the best states for enjoying your retirement.
- Earnings lift S&P 500, Nasdaq; S&P's best week since July4:59 PM ET | Reuters
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach4:49 PM ET | Reuters
- Exclusive: GM says recalled cars safe, but has not tested for knee-bump danger5:27 PM ET | Reuters
- Jobless claims, factory data put some shine on economy1:38 PM ET | Reuters
- Apache CEO, Vermont activist build alliance on climate issues5:54 PM ET | Reuters
- Disney CFO projects operating income growth at cable networks5:41 PM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
The average homeowner pays $2,800 in property taxes annually. In some states, it is five times higher.
- Largest homes for sale that just hit the market
Each of these homes is at least 33,000 square feet — and one has a 5,000-square-foot closet. Yes, a closet.
- What are homes worth near you?
- Homebuilder confidence rises slightly
- Check out homes for sale in your market
- Can you qualify for a low interest rate?
Use this handy calculator to figure out your credit score and see what loan rates might be available for you.
Would you consider retiring outside the US?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes. Living in the US is getting too hard.
- No. America is my home sweet home.
- Maybe if I didn't have to learn a new language.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended the holiday-shortened week on a mixed note as the Dow Jones Industrial Average shed 0.1%, while the S&P 500 added 0.1% with seven sectors posting gains.
Equity indices faced an uphill climb from the opening bell after disappointing quarterly results from Google (GOOG 536.10, -20.44) and IBM (IBM 190.04, -6.36) weighed on the early sentiment. Google reported earnings $0.15 below the Capital IQ consensus estimate on revenue of $15.42 ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|