- All eyes turn to the Fed as jobless rate hits 5-year low
Unemployment drops to 7% after employers hired more workers than expected in November, which could fan speculation about a Fed taper. Plus: Pimco's Gross sees 50% chance of taper this month
- Stocks rally on strong US employment report
- Consumer sentiment jumps on brighter outlook
- US consumer spending edged higher in October
- Research reveals Buffett's market-beating skills
- Sears to spin off its Lands' End business | SHLD
- Deep discounts sound warning for US retailers
- Troubled Obamacare website races to catch up
- Dems, GOP craft backup for stalled defense bill
- Analysis: Mandela leaves behind unequal economy
- Cargo bikes the new minivans for some families
- Wendy's worker fired for dropping joint into food
- Bigger worries are swirling around smaller stocks
If you're game for moving overseas in retirement, here are some places that are both beautiful and affordable.
- Wall Street climbs after upbeat payrolls report10:24 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. unemployment rate hits five-year low, eyes on the Fed10:50 AM ET | Reuters
- Consumer sentiment jumps in Dec on improved economic outlook9:56 AM ET | Reuters
- Consumer spending rises, but inflation muted8:35 AM ET | Reuters
- Insight: Tech start-ups show little imagination on board gender diversity8:40 AM ET | Reuters
- Chevron's $6.4 billion China gas project pushed back again: sources6:02 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Learn about the recruiter/job seeker relationship and if it's the right move for your job search.
One in every 978 housing units received a foreclosure filing in October. Click to see if your state made the list.
- 5 questions to ask before choosing a mortgage term
Consider these questions when choosing between a 15-year or 30-year home loan.
- 8 outside-the-box ways to find a home
- What seasonal housing slowdown?
- Score a low interest rate while you can
- What are homes worth near you?
Will Obamacare sink the Democrats' hopes of taking control of the House in 2014?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes. The Republicans can rest easy.
- No. The Democrats will still prevail.
- It's too early to tell.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have dipped from their best levels of the morning but still hold solid gains. Not surprisingly, the Advance-Decline line at the NYSE and Nasdaq skews decidedly in favor of advancing issues. It is nearly a 3-to-1 margin at the NYSE and roughly a 2-to-1 margin at the Nasdaq.
One stock -- and one of the most notable -- that is not among the advancers is Apple (AAPL 563.10, -4.80). There isn't any specific news behind the decline. ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|