- $5.7 billion settlement over credit card fees approved
The settlement between merchants and Visa and MasterCard, believed to be the largest in a US antitrust class action, comes despite objections from thousands of retailers who say it is inadequate.
- Stock market ends worst week since August
- Reality check: US wealthy don't pay all the taxes
- Report: Sprint mulling bid to buy T-Mobile | S
- Wash. governor calls for union vote on Boeing offer
- Amazon Pantry set to take on Costco and Sam's
- Tonight's Mega Millions jackpot hits $425 million
- Qualcomm names new CEO, ending Microsoft talk
- General Electric raises its dividend by 16% | GE
- Ford to host last-minute analyst meeting | F
- Year's end shapes up to be prime car-buying time
- Cramer: Can Pepsi get past Coke? | Coke shakeup
- America's 10 happiest companies | TXN | GE
Do you plan to retire long before you hit age 65? These US cities provide the best opportunities for those who are able to hang it up early.
- U.S. judge approves retail credit card fee settlement5:20 PM ET | Reuters
- Wall St. ends flat; falls for week with eyes on Fed5:25 PM ET | Reuters
- Qualcomm promotes Mollenkopf to CEO, ends Microsoft talk2:59 PM ET | Reuters
- Charter readies Time Warner Cable bid below $135 per share: source4:30 PM ET | Reuters
- U.S. rests its case in insider trading trial of SAC's Steinberg5:16 PM ET | Reuters
- Toyota to start settlement talks for acceleration cases5:12 PM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Learn about the recruiter/job seeker relationship and if it's the right move for your job search.
One in every 978 housing units received a foreclosure filing in October. Click to see if your state made the list.
- 5 questions to ask before choosing a mortgage term
Consider these questions when choosing between a 15-year or 30-year home loan.
- 8 outside-the-box ways to find a home
- What seasonal housing slowdown?
- Score a low interest rate while you can
- What are homes worth near you?
Should Obamacare health plans be prohibited from offering abortion coverage?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market experienced a flat finish to an otherwise-forgettable week. The S&P 500 shed less than one point, maintaining its December loss of 1.7%. Small-caps outperformed as the Russell 2000 gained 0.4%, but the index remains lower by 3.1% this month.
Equities registered opening gains, but the early strength faded during the first 30 minutes of action, sending the major averages to their lows. The key indices spent the rest of the morning near their flat lines ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|