- Fed could taper by March as US eyes a strong 2014
Growth is set to accelerate next year as the headwinds from a tightening of fiscal policy fade, giving the Federal Reserve room to start dialing back its monetary stimulus, a new poll of economists shows.
- Stocks slide on fear of taper after budget deal
- House GOP signals its support for budget pact
- Cramer: What's really driving the oil market?
- Canadian postal service to end home delivery
- US gun demand wanes with fears of restrictions
- Health chief asks for probe of flawed health site
- Liquor sellers experiment with exclusive booze
- Avon sinks on plans to cut hundreds more jobs
- MasterCard won't join club of $1,000 stocks | MA
- Can new CEO keep General Motors on course?
- 7 tax moves investors should make before 2014
- Looking ahead: 10 best stocks under $20 for 2014
Lots of people have horror stories about the tactics used by private lending companies. Here are some ways they make an already contentious issue even more so.
- Wall Street dips as investors mull Fed tapering after budget deal10:32 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. poised for stronger growth in 2014, Fed to taper by March: Reuters poll11:06 AM ET | Reuters
- GM doesn't owe $450 million in retiree benefits, U.S. judge rules12:08 PM ET | Reuters
- Germany seeking early start for EU rules hitting creditors of failed banks11:51 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. budget deal lowers risk of damage to creditworthiness: Fitch12:17 PM ET | Reuters
- Peugeot and Dongfeng agree deal outline: FT10:58 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Learn about the recruiter/job seeker relationship and if it's the right move for your job search.
One in every 978 housing units received a foreclosure filing in October. Click to see if your state made the list.
- 5 questions to ask before choosing a mortgage term
Consider these questions when choosing between a 15-year or 30-year home loan.
- 8 outside-the-box ways to find a home
- What seasonal housing slowdown?
- Score a low interest rate while you can
- What are homes worth near you?
Do you think the Fed will end its stimulus program in 2014?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- 74 %Yes. It has to end eventually.
- No. The markets are still addicted to it.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw a continuation of the steady selling that has persisted since the opening bell. The decline has unfolded in an orderly fashion with eight of ten sectors sliding in unison.
Only two groups have been able to avoid some the selling as consumer staples (+0.4%) and utilities (-0.4%) sit near their best levels of the day.
With the major averages pinned to their lows, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 15.04, +1.13) is higher by 8.1%, signaling ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|