- Good-news shock could kill the 5-year-old bull market
If bad economic news continues to translate into upbeat news for investors, any sharp rise in the global economy could end stocks' long run. Plus: Cash-rich world economies take a turn for the worse
- Stocks waver after major retailers cut forecasts
- Target cuts year outlook | Lowe's does the same
- Will Yellen douse the annual Jackson Hole rally?
- Surge in Putin patriotism masks pain of sanctions
- Alaska oil tax supporters fending off repeal efforts
- Macy's to pay $650,000 in shopper profiling probe
- Russian downturn chills European beer makers
- PetSmart will consider putting itself up for sale
- What to do if your doctor doesn't take insurance
- Takeover fight for Family Dollar gets pricey | FDO
- 5 companies that control the world's food | PEP
- Here's a simple way to make money on stocks
Some of America's most popular fast-food chains are expected to see rapid growth in the next few years, a research company predicts.
- Wall Street dips at open, dragged by Lowe's, Target9:33 AM ET | Reuters
- Target cuts full-year profit forecast9:54 AM ET | Reuters
- Home improvement chain Lowe's Cos cuts sales forecast8:49 AM ET | Reuters
- Staples beats estimates on strong demand for breakroom supplies9:35 AM ET | Reuters
- Argentina says proposed debt swap aims to protect investors9:55 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. mortgage applications rise in latest week : MBA7:07 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Should interest rates increase, these areas will see big cost changes.
Who says you need a bachelor's degree to have a lucrative career? Here are 10 good-paying jobs that don't require four years of college.
Motor Trend compares the Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200, Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Mazda6 and Nissan Altima.
Use this handy calculator to figure out your credit score and see what loan rates might be available for you.
Is it getting too expensive to raise children?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes, and it's a grave concern.
- Yes, but the cost is worth it.
- No, the cost is about right if you're going to raise children well.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow (unch) and S&P 500 (unch) have ticked up off their opening lows, while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.1%) and Russell 2000 (-0.6%) remain near their lowest levels of the day.
At this juncture, the energy sector (-0.3%) is the only group trading with a loss larger than 0.2%. Meanwhile, the top-performing sector-industrials-has extended its advance to 0.5%.
Also of note, the health care sector (-0.1%) was among the opening laggards, but the countercyclical ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|