- GM net falls on recall costs, victims' compensation fund
Profit in the quarter fell to $190 million, or 11 cents a share, compared with $1.2 billion, or 75 cents a share, a year earlier. Plus: Ford's profit beats expectations and sets a record for North America.
- World shares weak amid Russia sanctions report
- American Airlines to pay first dividend since 1980
- Caterpillar profit rises on rebound in builder sales
- Study: 10M have gained coverage via Obamacare
- Nokia net income up on sale of handset division
- European Central Bank hit by data theft
- $300M 'IT boondoggle' plagues Social Security
- Facebook revenue soars, stock hits record | FB
- 5 American cities where wages are soaring
- Buffett stands to lose $255M Dow dividend | DOW
- Gilead's profit more than quadruples | GILD
- Maker of M&M's to raise chocolate prices 7%
- 4 signs it's time for you to sell a stock
Although it’s impossible to go back in time and make different money choices, there are ways to bounce back.
- GM's profit falls on recall costs, victims' compensation fund7:33 AM ET | Reuters
- Ford profit beats expectations, sets record for North America7:43 AM ET | Reuters
- In China, Apple's focus pays off while Samsung feels squeeze7:55 AM ET | Reuters
- Earnings, overseas data lift stock futures8:12 AM ET | Reuters
- 3M profit rises 6 percent, sales up across businesses8:07 AM ET | Reuters
- China probes food businesses; Hong Kong bans imports in meat safety scare6:42 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Life outside the big city can still be dangerous, like anywhere else.
Who says you need a bachelor's degree to have a lucrative career? Here are 10 good-paying jobs that don't require four years of college.
Motor Trend compares the Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200, Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Mazda6 and Nissan Altima.
Use this handy calculator to figure out your credit score and see what loan rates might be available for you.
Are you worried about outliving your retirement savings?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes, I'm worried.
- No, I'm not worried.
- I don't have enough savings to be worried about.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.20. U.S. equity futures hover near their pre-market highs amid upbeat action overseas. The S&P 500 futures trade four points above fair value.
Reviewing overnight developments:
- Asian markets ended mixed. Japan's Nikkei -0.3%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.7%, and China's Shanghai Composite +1.3%
- In economic data:
- China's HSBC Manufacturing PMI jumped to 52.0 ... More
- In economic data:
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|