- Weekly jobless claims drop to lowest level since 2006
Initial filings for unemployment benefits fell last week by 19,000 to a seasonally adjusted 284,000, the lowest level in more than 8 years, suggesting the labor market recovery is gaining traction.
- Socks waver near records amid earnings, data
- Facebook jumps 5%, extending record run | FB
- Southwest reports a record profit of $465 million
- GM profit falls on recall costs | Ford sets record
- Caterpillar profit rises on rebound in builder sales
- American Airlines to pay first dividend since 1980
- Study: 10M have gained coverage via Obamacare
- Obama wants limits on American mergers abroad
- President presses to close corporate tax loophole
- How's your financial health? 4 numbers to watch
- 4 signs that it may be time for you to sell a stock
- 5 American cities where wages are soaring
Although it’s impossible to go back in time and make different money choices, there are ways to bounce back.
- GM's profit falls on recall costs, victims' compensation fund10:14 AM ET | Reuters
- Jobless claims fall to lowest level since early 20069:13 AM ET | Reuters
- Barclays files to dismiss New York lawsuit against 'dark pool'10:17 AM ET | Reuters
- Wal-Mart replaces U.S. business head with Asia chief9:39 AM ET | Reuters
- Record North America profit boosts Ford results; shares rise9:58 AM ET | Reuters
- Bank of America to pay $16.6 million to resolve U.S. sanctions violations10:19 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Life outside the big city can still be dangerous, like anywhere else.
Who says you need a bachelor's degree to have a lucrative career? Here are 10 good-paying jobs that don't require four years of college.
Motor Trend compares the Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200, Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Mazda6 and Nissan Altima.
Use this handy calculator to figure out your credit score and see what loan rates might be available for you.
Are you worried about outliving your retirement savings?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes, I'm worried.
- No, I'm not worried.
- I don't have enough savings to be worried about.
MORE MARKET NEWS
- Gold and silver futures barely inch higher following home sales
- In current trade, Gold and silver futures just dropped to new session lows; Aug gold is now -1.1% at $1290.80/oz, Sept silver is -1.9% at $20.59/oz
- Natural gas futures, on the other hand, were rallying into the weekly inventory data
- Following the data, Aug nat gas spiked to a new HoD and is now +2.4% at $3.85/MMBtu.
- Aug crude oil is in the red today, now -0.5% at ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|