- Income inequality keeping economic recovery in check
An analysis by the Bureau of Labor Statistics illustrates at least one thing that is unquestionably holding our economy back: income inequality. But maybe not for the reason most people think.
- Dow up 65 as more solid earnings roll in
- IRS workers who owed back taxes got bonuses
- Spring cleaning? Toss these investments
- It's possible to save too much for retirement
- 3 mid-cap stocks with fast-growing dividends
- $1,000 hepatitis pill helps triple Gilead profits
- With fewer bankruptcies, LA law firm shuts down
- Survey: Real estate, gold preferred over stocks
- Yum Brands sees China sales rebound | YUM
- Ready to rally? 28 stocks that may double
- 10 best-paying companies in America | ADSK
- JetBlue pilots vote to join union; shares fall | JBLU
While wages have been sliding nationally in the wake of the recession, median incomes have shot up by 20% or more in these places.
- China PMI as predicted, Aussie drops after data4/22/2014 | Reuters
- GM seeks U.S. court protection against ignition lawsuits4/22/2014 | Reuters
- China factory activity shrinks for fourth month1:25 AM ET | Reuters
- Valeant, Ackman offer to buy Botox maker Allergan for $47 billion4/22/2014 | Reuters
- Euro zone private sector on strong footing but still slashing prices: PMIs4:08 AM ET | Reuters
- China Resources (Holdings) appoints new chairman, replacing Song1:56 AM ET | Reuters
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MORE ON MSN MONEY
The average homeowner pays $2,800 in property taxes annually. In some states, it is five times higher.
- Largest homes for sale that just hit the market
Each of these homes is at least 33,000 square feet — and one has a 5,000-square-foot closet. Yes, a closet.
- What are homes worth near you?
- Homebuilder confidence rises slightly
- Check out homes for sale in your market
- Can you qualify for a low interest rate?
Use this handy calculator to figure out your credit score and see what loan rates might be available for you.
Do you think stocks are facing a bad decade ahead?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes. I'm looking for other investments.
- No. I'm staying in stocks.
- I don't know, but I'm holding a balanced portfolio regardless.
MORE MARKET NEWS
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices strung together a daylong rally on Tuesday, giving the S&P 500 its sixth consecutive advance. Some selling during the final hour of action pressured the indices from their highs, but they still ended with the bulk of their gains. The benchmark index added 0.4% with eight sectors finishing in the green, while the Nasdaq (+1.0%) outperformed throughout the session.
Although the stock market began the day on a flat note, the major averages quickly took the ... More
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|