VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
So three questions come to mind.
1) How many cities are there in the USA?
2) Where to the people who don't live in these 8 cities go?
3) Or, do the people who don't live in these 8 cities spend $1000.00 or so to get to these 8 cities and then start their road trip?
Sorry to be a downer but this article is ridiculous. Especially in this economy.
When people are tapping into their 401k's, and fuel is almost $5/gallon, I wouldn't call road trips affordable.
With gas prices up, My truck hasn't left the driveway in months, And the car? gets driven back and forth to work and the grocery store on the weekends, Who the hell can afford a road trip?
Yeah, keep your eyes open for those shovel ready jobs while you're out there.
Wow, sounds like everybody is in a very bad mood. My wife and I go for road trips whenever we get the time and it's a blast. You really don't have to travel that far and still enjoy your time together.
What Geraldine Campbell doesn't realize or is just ignoring is:
1. The price of gas to get to these places.
2. The high cost of accommodations once you get there.
3. The high cost of restaurants.
When I was a young man gas was 33 cents per gallon.
A night in a Motel 6 was, you guessed it, $6. That's how it got it's name.
2 eggs, bacon and hash browns at Denney's was $.99. Served 24/7.
I was making $10 per hour with an income tax rate of about 8%. My new wife and I drove my VW all over the country. It used to be cheap to travel.
A little pricey for this economy. If you include kids, even more! This is not including 3 meals a day, plus the 2 tanks of gas for "exploring".
Going to the local park with a bag lunch or BBQ hot dogs/hamburgers is less expensive.
Camping is also a great way to get in touch with "nature"!
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'