VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
1. Instead of Disney, go visit the world's largest ball of twine.
2. Hitch hike to your destination - it can be both adventurous and scary.
3. Save money on hotel fares by bringing along a refrigerator box.
4. Beg money from strangers to pay for your meals.
5. Avoid tourist traps by instead traveling to impoverished destinations - they could sure use your money.
6. Want a real Wild West, shoot'em up vacation, try Chicago.
7. Some food people toss in the trash isn't half bad, become a dumpster diver to save on meals.
8. Why pay expensive commercial plane fairs when you can slip inside the wheel wells and ride for free.
9. Banks have money, bring along a gun and a mask, just make sure you're a good runner.
10. You got friends? Tag along with them and welch off of them like a politician.
11. Stay home, buy a 6-pack of beer, rent a movie and relax at home.
well, instead eating at restaurants/fast food, if your accommodation has a refridgerator & there is a supermarket nearby, stock up on prepared salads, sandwiches, fruit etc
Most of these ideas involve flying... I reduced a lot of vacation costs by driving instead of flying.
I've also found several nice and interesting spots that I'd missed while flying over them.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
RECENT ARTICLES ON CREDIT SCORES
Occupy Wall Street bought and forgave the student loan debt of more than 2,700 Everest College students.