VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
1. Instead of Disney, go visit the world's largest ball of twine.
2. Hitch hike to your destination - it can be both adventurous and scary.
3. Save money on hotel fares by bringing along a refrigerator box.
4. Beg money from strangers to pay for your meals.
5. Avoid tourist traps by instead traveling to impoverished destinations - they could sure use your money.
6. Want a real Wild West, shoot'em up vacation, try Chicago.
7. Some food people toss in the trash isn't half bad, become a dumpster diver to save on meals.
8. Why pay expensive commercial plane fairs when you can slip inside the wheel wells and ride for free.
9. Banks have money, bring along a gun and a mask, just make sure you're a good runner.
10. You got friends? Tag along with them and welch off of them like a politician.
11. Stay home, buy a 6-pack of beer, rent a movie and relax at home.
well, instead eating at restaurants/fast food, if your accommodation has a refridgerator & there is a supermarket nearby, stock up on prepared salads, sandwiches, fruit etc
Most of these ideas involve flying... I reduced a lot of vacation costs by driving instead of flying.
I've also found several nice and interesting spots that I'd missed while flying over them.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
RECENT ARTICLES ON CREDIT SCORES
If you're thinking about buying a car and the Carfax report comes back clean, you're good to go, right? Um, maybe not. Here are four other ways you can avoid buying a clunker.