VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Please forward these to the White House:
1. Reduce your credit card debt
2. Track your spending
3. Create a budget
4. Check your credit report
5. Avoid new debt
The new American Dream:
Become a Congressman.
Become a Senator.
Work for the Givernment.
Get on Disability.
Get on Welfare.
Win the Lottery.
why would you print this article? Most everyone in America supports a government that disregards debt and money accountability? You think they run their own lives differently?
Here's an idea America..........quit being stupid!
Thinks you can do to save money and use it to pay off your Debt.
1. Cancel your cable Bill, and signup for Netflix or similar, monthly savings 50%+
a. Get rid off DVR or expansive rented equipment, some of the times you may not actually need it.
2. Cancel Home phone (landline), There is no need to have it since everyone has cellphone those days and if you dont just get a prepaid cell phone and have it in the house its will cost you alot less. Land Line phone companies tell you that you needed or a law requiers it but there is no law that sais you need to have a home Land Line.
3. Cell phone bills. Switching to Pre-Paid those days may save you money as they offer Unlimited everything and price usually starts at $45, all depending on what phone you want.
4. Costly Car repair. Talk to your local repair shop, See if you can get the parts your self, and have them replace it. Most of the time you can get parts online cheaper and better and save allot by having your mechanic just replacing the part instead of placing a markup on it as well.
5. Balance transfer to lower interest on the cards, This can save you Thousands over long run.
6. Shop for better internet provider, Major ISP will give you promotional offers if you switch to them, so if every year you switch let say between Verizon and Comcast, your bill would be shrink almost in half.
More options can be on my website, follow the links
Obviously the author of this article, Micheal Cheney, did not do his full research when quoting Dave Ramsey. He has misquoted Dave Ramsey. Dave Ramsey says the first thing you do is establish your baby emergency fund of $1,000.00 for foreseeable emergencies like your car breaking down, having to replace appliances, or unexpected medical bills so you do NOT add to your credit card debt. Once you have paid off your debt Dave Ramsey recommends doing a fully funded emergency fund with 3 to 6 months of living expenses.
If anybody is serious about getting out of debt I would highly recommend Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.
I don't think we had these problems generations ago.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'