In the news:
- Theravance and Glaxo say asthma study succeeded11:17 AM ET | AP
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises on strong jobs data, bank shares gain11:16 AM ET | Reuters
- Allianz says business model is interest rate-proof: CEO in paper11:15 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. supports Argentina over subpoenas against banks11:14 AM ET | Reuters
- Dollar, stocks rise as U.S. jobs data boosts taper talk11:12 AM ET | Reuters
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Dollar, stocks rise as U.S. jobs data boosts taper talk11:12 AM ET | Reuters
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:59 ET Nasdaq Comp +17 edges off intraday support
- 10:50 ET Sandstorm Gold provides update on Serra Pelada; board of directors of Colossus has decided to cease underground development at Serra Pelada in order to reduce ongoing costs; co will need additional fu
- 10:38 ET Nasdaq Comp +13 extends slide but holding above intraday support at 4043/4040 -- session low 4045.08
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Various pundits have suggested today that the November employment report increases the odds of the Fed making a tapering announcement in December or January. The early action suggests either the market isn't buying the notion of a December tapering or that it isn't fearful of a December tapering.
To wit, stocks have rallied sharply, Treasury prices have increased as stock prices have increased, gold prices (+$2.60 at $1234.50/oz.) are up modestly, and the US Dollar ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|