In the news:
- Africa e-commerce firm expands to new markets5:00 AM ET | Reuters
- Russia will have until Jan to start paying $50bln in Yukos ruling-lawyer4:58 AM ET | Reuters
- Reckitt helps keep Britain's FTSE afloat after solid update4:53 AM ET | Reuters
- Lavrov says Russia will not respond in kind to Western sanctions4:52 AM ET | Reuters
- German industry lobby supports tougher sanctions on Russia4:48 AM ET | Reuters
- 5 things to know about coal trade, global warming4:46 AM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market capped the trading week with losses across the major averages. The S&P 500 fell 0.5% to surrender its weekly gain, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.7%) and Russell 2000 (-0.9%) underperformed. The two indices posted respective losses of 0.8% and 0.6% for the week.
Equity indices were pressured from the get-go after several heavyweights disappointed the market with their earnings and/or guidance, which led to some broader profit-taking. After ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|