In the news:
- At least 24 trapped in mine landslide in Nicaragua1:58 PM ET | AP
- State agency issues long-awaited fracking rules1:56 PM ET | AP
- Sandy recovery, sun boost Jersey shore business1:53 PM ET | AP
- CA-BUSINESS Summary1:48 PM ET | Reuters
- Oracle loses bid to restore $1.3 billion SAP verdict, could get new trial1:48 PM ET | Reuters
- Part of Espirito Santo empire may try to block sale of insurer1:48 PM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 13:49 ET Quartet Merger Corp amends record date from July 14, 2014 to August 27, 2014 and date of special meeting to approve merger with Pangaea Logistics Solutions
- 13:46 ET COMEX Metals Closing Prices
- 13:14 ET S&P 500 sector leadership as the index holds modest gains moving through quiet midday trading; SPX now trades @ 2001.10 +4.36 (+0.22%)
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] As has been the case throughout the week, there isn't a whole lot of participation in today's market. The proof of that point shows up in the volume data.
Recall that Thursday was the lowest volume day of the year at the NYSE. At this point yesterday, 259 mln shares had trade at the NYSE; today, only 218 mln shares have traded. That clearly leaves today on track to be the lowest volume day of the year.
Given the geopolitical scene of late, there is ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|