In the news:
- Allergan sues Valeant, Ackman for alleged insider trading11:48 AM ET | Reuters
- With vote for Chrysler merger, Fiat looks abroad11:48 AM ET | AP
- Chrysler says its Canada auto sales up on trucks11:45 AM ET | Reuters
- High-yield bond funds worldwide post $4.4 bln outflows -BofA11:45 AM ET | Reuters
- US markets fall for a second day11:43 AM ET | AP
- Judge criticizes Argentina for 'half-truths' at hearing11:42 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:59 ET Minor new session lows for Nasdaq 100/Comp -14 -- Dow -39 and S&P -1.5 in range slightly above their opening lows
- 10:49 ET Good Times Restaurants announces July 2014 SSS increased 13.7%
- 10:47 ET Toyota Motor U.S.A. unit reports total July 2014 sales increased 7.3% YoY to 215,802 units
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have taken a turn lower since our last update with the S&P 500 now down 0.2%. Small caps, meanwhile, underperform with the Russell 2000 lower by 0.7%.
Interestingly, the small-cap index was in a position of relative strength at the open, but its outperformance could not trigger a sustained rally or improve the overall sentiment. Given its current standing, the index sits at its lowest level since late May.
The recent weakness in equities ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|