In the news:
- Tech giants call for controls on gov't snooping11:55 AM ET | AP
- Report: NSA spying on virtual worlds, online games11:54 AM ET | AP
- EMERGING MARKETS-Brazil stocks extend rally, Braskem plunges11:54 AM ET | Reuters
- Inmarsat launches first satellite for faster broadband network11:53 AM ET | Reuters
- Peru silver mine strike ends after state intervention11:53 AM ET | Reuters
- Leo partners with Venturi for FIA team11:53 AM ET | AP
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 11:59 ET Stocks/ETFs that traded to new 52 week highs/lows this session - New highs (258) outpacing new lows (53)
- 11:48 ET Buenaventura SA: Operations resume at Uchucchacua mine
- 11:32 ET Cell Therapeutics reported integrated safety and efficacy analysis of Phase 2 clinical trials of Pacritinib in patients with myelofibrosis and low platelet counts presented
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices are all positive, which belies an otherwise lackluster position internally. To that end, the Advance-Decline line at the NYSE is close to even and it favors decliners at the Nasdaq by a 7-to-5 margin.
What it boils down to then is that price gains in a select group of influential stocks are making the difference for the major indices. Google (GOOG 1080.60, +10.73) and Apple (AAPL 567.88, +7.86) are standard bearers in that respect ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|