In the news:
- CA-BUSINESS Summary4:01 AM ET | Reuters
- FOREX-Dollar sits back after record-breaking run higher4:01 AM ET | Reuters
- Siemens agree to $7.6 billion deal to buy Dresser-Rand4:00 AM ET | Reuters
- Four Tesco employees go on leave over accounting issue-source3:59 AM ET | Reuters
- More than 130,000 Syrian Kurds fleeing Islamic State crossed into Turkey: Deputy PM3:54 AM ET | Reuters
- Affluence eludes poor crowding into Asian cities3:53 AM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 17:02 ET American Airlines and the Association of Professional Flight Attendants reach tentative agreement
- 16:41 ET This week's biggest % gainers/losers
- 16:27 ET Echo Therapeutics: Newly elected Board members to host conference call to provide shareholder update on Monday, September 22, at 8:30 AM ET
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market finished an upbeat week on a mixed note. The S&P 500 shed less than a point, ending the week higher by 1.3%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) cemented a 1.7% advance for the week. High-beta names underperformed, which weighed on the Nasdaq Composite (-0.3%) and the Russell 2000 (-1.3%).
Equity indices displayed strength in the early going with the S&P 500 tagging the 2,019 level during the opening 30 minutes of the action. However, ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|