In the news:
- Airbus clinches $11 billion easyJet order3:20 AM ET | Reuters
- "Standing man" inspires silent protests in Turkey3:08 AM ET | Reuters
- Turkey could deploy army to quell protests3:08 AM ET | Reuters
- AIRSHOW-Embraer to unveil orders for current E-Jets3:08 AM ET | Reuters
- AstraZeneca picks its new home in Cambridge next to top hospital3:06 AM ET | Reuters
- JGBs rise after smooth 20-year auction; Fed in focus3:01 AM ET | Reuters
COLUMNS & TOOLS
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages ended with solid gains as the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Stocks reached their highs one hour into the session and drifted near those levels into the afternoon. However, equities were rattled by a Financial Times story suggesting Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is likely to discuss tapering at his Wednesday press conference.
Although the story reiterated the need for improved economic conditions, and did not contain any new revelations, the mere ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|