In the news:
- Sberbank, VTB likely to lead decline in Russian stocks1:22 AM ET | Reuters
- ArcelorMittal cuts 2014 outlook on iron ore price fall1:20 AM ET | Reuters
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin 3-day Gaza truce1:13 AM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary1:10 AM ET | Reuters
- China's factories spring to life as global trade reawakens1:10 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. auto sales party seen increasingly dependent on easy money1:08 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market punctuated July with a broad-based retreat that sent the S&P 500 lower by 2.0% with all ten sectors ending in the red. The benchmark index posted a monthly decline of 1.5%, while the Russell 2000 (-2.3%) underperformed to end the month lower by 6.1%.
To get a better feel for what led to today's retreat, we'd like to look back to Wednesday, when the market had ample reason to rally, but did not. Instead, it ended basically flat after a sloppy day of ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|