In the news:
- Grain lower, cattle and pork lower11:05 AM ET | AP
- Stocks are mixed at start of a busy earnings week11:02 AM ET | AP
- UAW withdraws appeal of Volkswagen union vote11:01 AM ET | AP
- Japan overhauls its public pension fund, the world's biggest11:00 AM ET | Reuters
- Escalade Reports 33% Increase In First Quarter Earnings Per Share11:00 AM ET | PR
- She sold Belgian waffles at the 1964 World's Fair10:58 AM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:45 ET Aspen Insurance: Endurance Specialty (ENH) reiterates strategic logic and significant premium in acquisition of AHL
- 10:41 ET Relative sector weakness
- 10:39 ET S&P -0.5 joins Nasdaq Comp -10 in the red -- Dow +9.5
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The early advance for the market ran into some technical resistance with the S&P 500 pushing the 1871 level. Now, the major indices are mixed as a wave of selling interest has flattened everything out in what has been termed a sloppy session so far.
Notably, we are seeing some relative strength in the defensive-oriented utilities (+0.4%), telecom services (+0.3%), and health care (+0.2%) sectors. Conversely, the influential financial sector (-0.1%) is ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|