In the news:
- FAA proposes to fines Southwest Airlines $12M2:21 PM ET | AP
- Rule aimed at cutting coal-fired plant's emissions2:20 PM ET | AP
- Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B2:18 PM ET | AP
- UPDATE 3-Tyson to sell Mexico, Brazil poultry businesses to JBS2:16 PM ET | Reuters
- TREASURIES-U.S. 2-year yields rise to highest in 2-1/2 weeks2:13 PM ET | Reuters
- These hot sectors may stay warm in the second half of 20142:11 PM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the Dow (+0.2%), Nasdaq (+0.1%), and S&P 500 (+0.1%) climb into the green, while the Russell 2000 (-0.2%) remains in the red.
Thanks to the rebound, eight sectors now trade in the green with the utilities space (+1.2%) maintaining the lead. Outside of utilities, influential groups like consumer discretionary (+0.3%) and technology (+0.3%) trade ahead of the broader market despite showing relative weakness just an hour ago.
On the downside, ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|