In the news:
- NY probes short-term, high-interest secured loans11:12 AM ET | AP
- U.S. strikes in Syria won't be 'shock and awe', top general says11:11 AM ET | Reuters
- SEC's Gallagher calls for reforms in fixed income markets11:10 AM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary11:09 AM ET | Reuters
- Mitsubishi leads $600 million investment in Indonesia plant, new car11:09 AM ET | Reuters
- Downsized Nextel operator is not giving up the fight in Brazil11:09 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:31 ET Bankwell Financial Group announces regulatory approvals for Quinnipiac transaction
- 10:31 ET Wi-LAN subsidiary acquires a portfolio of patents that relate to technology used in Smart Meters that are deployed in the energy market; terms are confidential
- 10:28 ET Darden Restaurants: Starboard explains why electing its slate of nominees is the best alternative for Darden shareholders; says 'Darden's hastily-constructed, massively flawed slate of suboptimal cand
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue trading near their flat lines after erasing their opening losses. The S&P 500 (+0.2%) reclaimed its four-point loss during the initial 30 minutes of action, but the early run has turned into a sideways drift.
Eight of ten sectors display gains with the countercyclical utilities sector (+1.0%) in the lead. The group has extended this week' gain to 1.3%, which puts it a little behind the energy sector (+0.9%). The growth-sensitive group has padded ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|