In the news:
- CORRECTED-Valeant says on hunt for more deals, including contact lenses11:23 AM ET | Reuters
- Under fire and out of cash, U.N. overwhelmed by Gaza crisis11:22 AM ET | Reuters
- Metropolitan Opera wants mediator in labor dispute11:22 AM ET | AP
- UPDATE 2-CME Group earnings miss estimates due to weak volumes11:22 AM ET | Reuters
- US stocks slump as earnings disappoint11:20 AM ET | AP
- UPDATE 2-Delphi profit strong, but third-quarter outlook may disappoint11:19 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the major averages as they remain near their lowest levels of the session. The S&P 500 has widened its loss to 1.2% with just about every sector extending its decline.
However, two rate-sensitive groups-telecom services (-0.8%) and utilities (-0.6%)-have been able to climb off their lows even as the 10-yr yield remains higher on the day (+2 bps at 2.58%).
On the flip side, the energy sector (-1.5%) occupies the bottom of the leaderboard, ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|