In the news:
- UPDATE 5-Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash6:58 PM ET | Reuters
- Comments sought on possible Arctic lease sale6:44 PM ET | AP
- UPDATE 4-EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope6:42 PM ET | Reuters
- UPDATE 2-Silver bullion banks accused of manipulation in U.S. lawsuit6:37 PM ET | Reuters
- 'Game of Thrones' livens up Comic Con with deaths and newcomers6:35 PM ET | Reuters
- UPS driver charged with stealing dozens of guns6:34 PM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market capped the trading week with losses across the major averages. The S&P 500 fell 0.5% to surrender its weekly gain, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.7%) and Russell 2000 (-0.9%) underperformed. The two indices posted respective losses of 0.8% and 0.6% for the week.
Equity indices were pressured from the get-go after several heavyweights disappointed the market with their earnings and/or guidance, which led to some broader profit-taking. After ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|