In the news:
- Grain higher, livestock mostly higher10:53 AM ET | AP
- MH17 black boxes will go to UK for analysis, says Malaysian minister10:49 AM ET | Reuters
- Britain to analyze downed Malaysia Airlines black boxes: PM Cameron10:49 AM ET | Reuters
- US consumer prices up 0.3 percent in June10:48 AM ET | AP
- United Tech says Pratt engine fix only needed for CSeries plane10:47 AM ET | Reuters
- Appeals court throws out IRS rule on Obamacare subsidies10:46 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:51 ET Arthur J. Gallagher signs agreement to acquire Baker Tilly's employee benefits business; terms of the transaction were not disclosed
- 10:42 ET Opko Health granted patent from US Patent & Trademark Office for RAYALDEE
- 10:37 ET Small-cap Russell 2000 sets new session high but major averages continue to drift under morning peaks -- Dow +57, S&P +9.4, Nasdaq Comp +32
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has padded its gain with the Russell 2000 maintaining the lead. The small cap index is now higher by 1.1%, while the S&P 500 trades up 0.5%.
Energy (+0.8%) and health care (+1.0%) opened in the lead, but the energy sector has slipped from its early high, giving way to the technology sector (+0.9%). The top-weighted S&P 500 group has benefitted from strength among influential components like IBM (IBM 193.82, +2.97) and Google (GOOGL ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|