In the news:
- Food services firm Aramark raises $725 mln in IPO - underwriter5:56 PM ET | Reuters
- Chevron sets 2014 budget at $39.8 billion5:46 PM ET | Reuters
- California Democrats urge more education spending5:44 PM ET | Reuters
- UPDATE 1-Chevron sets 2014 budget at $39.8 billion5:44 PM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary5:43 PM ET | Reuters
- Fortis to buy UNS Energy for about $2.5 billion5:43 PM ET | Reuters
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 16:48 ET Brown & Brown announces the asset acquisition of Agency Services Consolidated and Preserve Extended Protection Plan; announces acquisition of O'Neil Financial Services Agency
- 16:38 ET Unisource Energy to be acquired by Fortis Utility Group for $60.25/share in cash
- 16:37 ET Transcept Pharma announces that ISS proxy advisory services recommends 'AGAINST' all proposals
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices settled on their lows following a steady, session-long slide. Similar to yesterday, small-caps paced the retreat as the Russell 2000 fell 1.6%, extending its December loss to 3.6%. The S&P 500 settled lower by 1.1%, widening its month-to-date decline to 1.3%.
There was no specific news catalyst behind today's slide, which had the markings of broad-based profit-taking. Seven of ten sectors settled with losses of 1.0% or more while only two groups ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|