In the news:
- Alibaba IPO prices at $68 per share: Dow Jones5:37 PM ET | Reuters
- Lawyer asks for reasonable award in plane crash5:36 PM ET | AP
- Home Depot says 56 million card details likely stolen in breach5:33 PM ET | Reuters
- Oracle's Ellison steps aside, co-CEOs Catz and Hurd take over5:30 PM ET | Reuters
- NY developer to invest $108 million in Puerto Rico5:30 PM ET | AP
- UPDATE 1-Home Depot says 56 mln card details likely stolen in breach5:27 PM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 16:48 ET EPIQ Systems- Stock halted; announces review of strategic alternatives and adopts s-t shareholders right plan
- 16:42 ET Fuel-Tech acquires intellectual property for CARBONITE fuel conversion process for $3.01 mln
- 16:42 ET Huntington Banc reports Dodd-Frank stress test results; sees Tier 1 common at 9.37% under stress scenario; Q1 actual 10.60%
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market finished the Thursday session on a higher note with the S&P 500 climbing 0.5%. The benchmark index registered an early high within the first 90 minutes and inched to a new session best during the final hour of the action.
Equities rallied out of the gate with the financial sector (+1.1%) providing noteworthy support for the second day in a row. The growth-oriented sector extended its September gain to 1.9% versus a more modest uptick of 0.4% for the ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|