In the news:
- Wall Street opens flat ahead of Yellen9:32 AM ET | Reuters
- Deere to lay off about 460 from Iowa tractor plant9:32 AM ET | AP
- US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat ahead of Yellen9:32 AM ET | Reuters
- Fed's Williams says wage gains not an inflation worry9:31 AM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary9:29 AM ET | Reuters
- Russia keeps up pressure on McDonald's with new sanitary inspections9:29 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] As expected, equity indices began the session with slim losses. The S&P 500 is lower by 0.2% with eight sectors showing early weakness. The energy sector (-0.7%) has slumped out of the gate, while industrials (-0.3%) and financials (-0.2%) also display relative weakness.
On the countercyclical side, consumer staples (+0.2%) and utilities (+0.4%) have been able to register early gains, while health care (-0.1%) and telecom services (-0.1%) hover just below their ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|