In the news:
- Nigeria: Forcados oil terminal still closed11:29 AM ET | AP
- HBO's John Oliver recognizes debt to Jon Stewart11:28 AM ET | AP
- US stocks fluctuate on mixed earnings reports11:28 AM ET | AP
- Germany puts military exports to Russia on hold11:28 AM ET | AP
- UPDATE 1-Danish central bank ends negative deposits rates11:26 AM ET | Reuters
- Chinese carmaker BYD's earnings tumble on sluggish sales11:26 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:40 ET Varian Medical enters exclusive agreement to equip UnityPoint Health with radiotherapy and radiosurgery technology for cancer treatments
- 10:33 ET Stock indices extend push off morning pullback lows -- Nasdaq Comp +10, S&P +1.6, Dow -5
- 10:31 ET May natural gas initially slips on inventory data but quickly recovers; now up 0.7% at $4.76
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have spent the past 30 minutes in a slow climb towards their opening highs. The S&P 500 now trades about three points below its session high, while the Nasdaq hovers roughly 20 points below its best level of the session.
With the major averages fighting their way back from session lows, eight sectors now trade in the green, while two of the smallest groups-telecom services (-1.5%) and materials (-0.2%)-remain in negative territory.
On the ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|