In the news:
- USDA: Illinois corn, soybean crops faring well11:23 AM ET | AP
- 4 farms selected to produce energy for utility11:22 AM ET | AP
- Obama administration says health care subsidies will keep flowing despite court decision.11:21 AM ET | AP
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts11:19 AM ET | Reuters
- Early Glance: Railroad companies11:17 AM ET | AP
- Early Glance: Specialty Retail companies11:17 AM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:51 ET Arthur J. Gallagher signs agreement to acquire Baker Tilly's employee benefits business; terms of the transaction were not disclosed
- 10:42 ET Opko Health granted patent from US Patent & Trademark Office for RAYALDEE
- 10:37 ET Small-cap Russell 2000 sets new session high but major averages continue to drift under morning peaks -- Dow +57, S&P +9.4, Nasdaq Comp +32
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has extended its gain to 0.6% with the health care sector (+1.0%) remaining ahead of the other nine groups.
Unlike the health care space, all of the remaining countercyclical sectors trail the broader market. The telecom services sector (+0.1%) continues holding a slim gain with Verizon (VZ 50.83, +0.13) up 0.2% in reaction to its earnings beat, while consumer staples (-0.2%) and utilities (-0.02%) hover in the red.
Notably, the staples ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|