In the news:
- PRESS DIGEST - Wall Street Journal - Dec 1112:28 AM ET | Reuters
- Obama says budget deal is good first step, urges Congress to act12:26 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation12:26 AM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary12:22 AM ET | Reuters
- BOJ tankan seen showing improved business mood, capex12:20 AM ET | Reuters
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Obama says budget deal is good first step, urges Congress to act12:17 AM ET | Reuters
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages spent the entire session in a steady downtrend, but despite persistent selling pressure, today's losses were limited in scope. The Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq shed between 0.2% and 0.3% while the Russell 2000 lagged, falling 0.9%.
The underperformance of the Russell 2000 was likely owed in part to tax-loss selling, which tends to pick up this time of year. Small-caps often feel that pinch in a stronger fashion than large-cap issues since individual ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|