In the news:
- Central European PMIs point to slowdown as sanctions hit sentiment7:03 AM ET | Reuters
- Finnish nuclear plant further delayed until 20186:55 AM ET | AP
- UPDATE 2-South Africa's Bidvest considers London listing for food busines6:54 AM ET | Reuters
- Both sides guilty of atrocities in Iraq fight: U.N. debate6:52 AM ET | Reuters
- Iraq violence killed at least 1,420 in August: U.N.6:51 AM ET | Reuters
- EU regulators set Oct. 3 deadline for Eli Lilly, Novartis deal6:50 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 17:04 ET Boston Scientific announces a scientific study was published in Gastroenterology reporting the successful management of benign biliary strictures with fully covered metal stents
- 16:48 ET This week's biggest % gainers/losers
- 16:36 ET Amphenol to acquire Casco Automotive Group for ~$450 mln; expected to be accretive to EPS in the first year post acquisition
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices closed out the month of August on a modestly higher note. The Russell 2000 (+0.6%) and Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) finished ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.3%), which extended its August gain to 3.8%. Blue chips lagged with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) spending the bulk of the session in the red.
The final week of August represented one of the quietest stretches for the stock market so far this year. The first four sessions of the week produced the ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|