In the news:
- Ports mostly reopen after Los Angeles-area fire10:18 PM ET | AP
- Nikkei slips as U.S. air strikes stoke geopolitical concerns10:10 PM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary10:08 PM ET | Reuters
- Japan September flash manufacturing PMI falls to 51.7, output at six-month high10:07 PM ET | Reuters
- Australia's central bank steps up warnings on mortgage lending10:04 PM ET | Reuters
- PRESS DIGEST - Hong Kong - Sept 2410:01 PM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 17:16 ET Delek US Holdings declares special cash dividend of $0.10 per share
- 17:08 ET Starbucks to acquire remaining 60.5% share of Starbucks Coffee Japan; transaction expected to be immediately accretive on a non-GAAP basis
- 17:01 ET Cinedigm Digital Cinema announces sale of Hollywood Software to a team of outside investors in an all cash deal
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market finished the Tuesday session on the defensive after spending the entire day in a steady retreat. The S&P 500 (-0.6%) posted its third consecutive decline, while the small-cap Russell 2000 (-0.9%) slipped behind the broader market during afternoon action.
Equity indices were pressured from the start following some overnight developments that weighed on sentiment. The market tried to overcome the early weakness, but could not stage a sustained rebound, ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|