VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Since these employers refuse to pay their front line employees a decent wage, we the taxpayer have to pick up the slack in the form of social assistance programs. Given that reality, I suggest a tax be levied on such employers for the cost of social assistance to full time employees making less than a living wage. $11.25 per hour is a minimum threshold for such a tax. Basically make it so the corps have to pay the difference in taxes, or pay their workers. Ramming it down their throats is the only thing the rich understand. It will never happen though, they have bought and paid for our government.
If the current unfair trend continues, the end game is widespread social unrest.
--- Think about it.
Really! Just seen an Anti- Union Video put out by Target for their new-hires..... "We don't need a Union here because we are SO happy"
All of these Companies are Non-Union.... Look at the CEO's salaries of these companies and they are on average over 600x the average annual pay for their workers. Figure the top management pay is also very high ... Something is wrong here and it isn't Unions. Bet their health insurance and benefits are nil also.
Over a hundred years ago, when "Barons" were getting rich and their company workers were dying in the streets, there was a call for Unionization. I predict, soon, that will happen again. It will happen when all of you peons realize that Companies and Managements don't care about the workers. They care about the $Dollar$. It will happen when you peons realize that you are not only as valuable as your measly paychecks and you want more...... Life IS more than your job.
Seems to be a lesson not learned by you "Southerners" even to this day. Bet you guys are just lucky to have a job.... Screw everyone else........ TOOLS!
This is a no win situation until they hire CEO's and Board of directors with some compassion for it's hard working employee's that are under paid.
If people boycotted McDonalds and Wal-Mart etc. who will suffer first? It surely won't be the upper management. The under paid employee's may either loose hours, take more pay cuts or loose their jobs until business would turn around or improve.
The corporations need to realign their compensation packages. Does a CEO need 10M plus, upper management in the high 6 and 7 digits and mid level management 1-200k and more. I say share the wealth!
Every time this comes up the hate spewed towards people who disagree with the low wage earners and blaming the republicans for all your woes is ridiculous. You want to fix this lets start here.
1) Term limits for all Elected officials and Justices
2) Deport all ILLEGAL aliens of every race color and creed
3) Revamp our tax code to a flat tax that is fair without all the loop holes
4) STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR THE MISTAKES YOU HAVE MADE
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
- A stronger dollar index weighted on the commodities space today.
- Dec gold and Dec silver fell deeper into negative territory, trading as low as $1263.10 per ounce and $19.11 per ounce, respectively.
- Unable to gain momentum, both metals settled with 1.7% losses, with gold closing at $1264.90 per ounce and silver closing at $19.16 per ounce.
- Oct crude oil fell below the $93 per barrel level. It trended lower after pulling back from a session ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'