VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
How does Carnival Cruise line not make this list. do these authors just phone it in
Tired of wasting my time looking at this tripe
Tarnished "charity" brand: The "Humane Society" of the United States
- Gives less than half of one percent of it's fundraising haul to local pet shelters (HSUS doesn't run a single one anywhere in the world);
- Lobbies against No-Kill shelters and sells euthanasia training videos for $399 (while not running a single pet shelter anywhere in the world);
- Takes millions of dollars from criminals like Michael Vick (via his wealthy supporters and the Eagles, and from for-profit education mill kingpin Arthur E. Benjamin (who stole $200 million from the feds for his company, ATI Enterprises. Morally bankrupt HSUS CEO Wayne Pacelle appointed this lowlife to the HSUS National Council);
- Raised $35 million after Hurricane Katrina and spent just 20% of it on Katrina; spent just $400,000 on Hurricane Sandy, despite a similar fundraising windfall. Uses legal loopholes to escape fraud charges.
--works with the scandal-plagued direct mail mill Quadriga Art; funneling nearly $10 million a year to them - minus kickbacks.
The problems at JCP's? I agree with the assessment about the new clothing lines. Although even at my age, 70, I can and do wear some of the edgier styles, I prefer clothes that one can actually go to a formal meeting or church in and not look like an idiot. Of course, since they did away with the only line, Worthington, that seems to have even a few small/petite sizes, I can't find anything that fits me anyway. Our local store has so few clothes and such a limited selection that the styles are immaterial since there is little choice.
Now they are "remodeling" the only thing I still go there for, the hair salon.
As to Apple, I have traditionally resisted their exclusivity and price gouging, but made the fatal mistake of purchasing an IPhone and then in spite of having their supposed additional warranty/insurance, went through the agony of trying to get it repaired. Never again!!!
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
- Precious metals fell in electronic trade yesterday following the FOMC statement which conveyed no changes to the Fed's current policy course. As expected, the FOMC reduced the monthly pace of tis asset purchases by $10 bln to $15 bln and maintained the "considerable time" language in its forward guidance.
- Dec gold continued to trade lower and fell as low as $1216.30 per ounce in overnight trade, its lowest level since January. It managed to inch slightly ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'