In the news:
- Early results suggest Scots reject independence12:28 AM ET | AP
- BOJ buys one-year government bills at negative yield: traders12:24 AM ET | Reuters
- Factbox: Scotland's referendum - how the votes are adding up12:23 AM ET | Reuters
- Fitch: US Rate Shock, Divergent Implications for APAC Sovereigns12:19 AM ET | Reuters
- Pound rises as Scottish results favor union12:16 AM ET | AP
- Alibaba poised to surge on the NYSE12:16 AM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 18:09 ET American Airlines announces pricing of $750 mln of 5.50% senior notes due 2019
- 18:01 ET RF Micro Device and TriQuint (TQNT) announce new company name: Qorvo
- 17:50 ET VSE Corp announces plan to consolidate two operating groups
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market finished the Thursday session on a higher note with the S&P 500 climbing 0.5%. The benchmark index registered an early high within the first 90 minutes and inched to a new session best during the final hour of the action.
Equities rallied out of the gate with the financial sector (+1.1%) providing noteworthy support for the second day in a row. The growth-oriented sector extended its September gain to 1.9% versus a more modest uptick of 0.4% for the ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|