In the news:
- Scots reject independence in historic vote5:32 AM ET | AP
- China fines GSK $492 million for bribery5:31 AM ET | AP
- Germany says won't delay plans to isolate risky bank business5:29 AM ET | Reuters
- UPDATE 1-New Polish PM brings her rival into government5:28 AM ET | Reuters
- EU's Almunia may open more investigations into corporate tax loopholes5:24 AM ET | Reuters
- Russian minister says no plans to toughen restrictions on foreign energy firms -RIA5:23 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market finished the Thursday session on a higher note with the S&P 500 climbing 0.5%. The benchmark index registered an early high within the first 90 minutes and inched to a new session best during the final hour of the action.
Equities rallied out of the gate with the financial sector (+1.1%) providing noteworthy support for the second day in a row. The growth-oriented sector extended its September gain to 1.9% versus a more modest uptick of 0.4% for the ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|