In the news:
- Nevada rancher defends remarks, loses supporters12:21 AM ET | AP
- Obama wraps up Japan visit after security pledge but no trade deal12:16 AM ET | Reuters
- Study: US manufacturers gaining competitiveness12:12 AM ET | AP
- RPT-Fitch Affirms Morocco at 'BBB-'; Outlook Stable12:08 AM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary12:05 AM ET | Reuters
- Fitch Revises Italy's Outlook to Stable, Affirms at 'BBB+'12:05 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 19:10 ET CLECO Corp increases quarterly dividend 10.3% to $0.40 from $0.3625 per share; co now targeting a dividend payout ratio of 55-65%, above prior range of 50-60%
- 19:09 ET Brown & Brown enters into agreement to acquire assets of Pacific Resources Benefits Advisors
- 18:44 ET Forum Energy Tech. beats by $0.02, reports revs in-line; guides Q2 EPS in-line
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) and S&P 500 (+0.2%) posted modest gains on Thursday, but not before enduring a morning dip into the red, which took place in reaction to reports indicating Russia has commenced military exercises on the Ukrainian border.
The news from Europe knocked the key indices from their early highs, while giving a boost to safe-haven assets like gold futures (+0.5% to $1290.80/ozt), Treasuries (10-yr yield -1 bps to 2.69%), and the Japanese yen (102.30 ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|