In the news:
- B&N and Samsung introduce co-branded tablet10:19 AM ET | AP
- India's Reliance to source 1.5 mln tonne/year of ethane from U.S.10:18 AM ET | Reuters
- Dipping into the noisy U.S. housing market10:17 AM ET | Reuters
- Exclusive: Funds could face market curbs after lobbying backfires10:17 AM ET | Reuters
- Smucker misses Street 1Q forecasts10:12 AM ET | AP
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video10:11 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 09:46 ET Industrial Select Sector SPDR Fund: XLI +0.60% with early SPX sector ETF leadership & out-performance
- 09:39 ET Bob Evans: Sandell receives clear mandate for change from shareholders of BOBE; majority of Sandell's slate elected to BOBE Board of Directors
- 09:38 ET Opening Market Summary: Russell 2000 Leads Opening Retreat
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow (unch) and S&P 500 (unch) have ticked up off their opening lows, while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.1%) and Russell 2000 (-0.6%) remain near their lowest levels of the day.
At this juncture, the energy sector (-0.3%) is the only group trading with a loss larger than 0.2%. Meanwhile, the top-performing sector-industrials-has extended its advance to 0.5%.
Also of note, the health care sector (-0.1%) was among the opening laggards, but the countercyclical ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|