In the news:
- Berkshire Hathaway agrees to settle U.S. charges on stock deal2:35 PM ET | Reuters
- Pimco NYC office addresses 'isolated' insect issue, fumigates2:34 PM ET | Reuters
- What to Watch in The Day Ahead; Thursday, Aug. 212:33 PM ET | Reuters
- UPDATE 2-Berkshire Hathaway agrees to settle U.S. charges on stock deal2:33 PM ET | Reuters
- Why Bank of America deal might not cost it $17B2:30 PM ET | AP
- CA-BUSINESS Summary2:30 PM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 13:50 ET COMEX Metals Closing Prices
- 13:48 ET Dollar Hits 11-Month High: 10-yr: -03/32..2.411%..USD/JPY: 103.36..EUR/USD: 1.3290
- 13:35 ET Exelis awarded $517 mln U.S. Army information technology contract; fixed-price incentive award and includes the base year, plus four one-year options
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 remains near its flat line, while Treasuries hover on their lows (10-yr yield +4 bps at 2.44%) following the recent release of the FOMC minutes from the July meeting.
While the market has slipped from its high, sector standing has not changed much with respect to the S&P 500. Consumer discretionary (+0.3%), financials (+0.1%), and industrials (+0.9%) continue showing relative strength, while consumer staples (-0.2%), health care (-0.2%), and utilities ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|