In the news:
- Social media sleuths aid gay couple beating probe11:44 AM ET | AP
- Cuts to food stamps will only hit 4 states11:39 AM ET | AP
- Surprise CPI fall rattles U.S. inflation bond market11:38 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. consumer prices surprisingly weak, eyes on the Fed11:38 AM ET | Reuters
- Cheaper store brands eat into General Mills' profit11:36 AM ET | Reuters
- Sulzer says in deal talks with U.S.-based Dresser-Rand11:32 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 10:56 ET Activision Blizzard announces new franchise Destiny sold more than $325 mln in first five days of availability; Destiny becomes best-selling new video game franchise launch of all time
- 10:41 ET Stock indices extend slide off morning highs, Nasdaq Comp +1.4 set minor new session low -- Dow +18, S&P +1.9
- 10:32 ET Oct crude oil shows muted reaction to inventory data; now down 0.6% at $94.27
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 hover just north of their respective flat lines, while the Russell 2000 sports a solid gain of 0.6% after showing relative weakness yesterday.
Yesterday, the small-cap index reclaimed its 100-day (1150) and 200-day (1151) moving averages, but could not overtake the 50-day moving average (1152), which served as the session high for the index. Today, however, the Russell 2000 has climbed above that level and currently trades near the middle ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|