In the news:
- Senate to vote on highway money as deadline looms1:02 PM ET | AP
- Escaping email: Inspired vision or hallucination?1:00 PM ET | AP
- Full appeals court upholds labels on meat packages1:00 PM ET | AP
- Renting drives U.S. homeownership to 19-year low12:53 PM ET | Reuters
- UPDATE 1-Renting drives U.S. homeownership to 19-year low12:52 PM ET | Reuters
- House to vote on slimmed-down bill for border12:51 PM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 12:32 ET Cliffs Natural Resources: Casablanca Capital announces it received 'overwhelming' shareholder support for change at Cliff Natural Resources; all six nominees on Casablanca's majority slate elected to
- 12:29 ET Major average trim slide off early high in half -- Dow +23, S&P +1, Nasdaq Comp +12
- 12:18 ET Bristol-Myers extends to new session high of 51.04 in recent trade to test its 200 sma at 51.05
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] At midday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.2%), Nasdaq (+0.3%), and S&P 500 (+0.1%) hold slim gains, while the Russell 2000 (+0.6%) outperforms.
Like yesterday, the overnight session was free of any broad developments, which allowed the focus to turn toward the next batch of earnings in the U.S. In general, most of the reports received since yesterday's closing bell have surpassed expectations, but there were a few noteworthy disappointments too.
Despite ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|