In the news:
- UPDATE 3-Hewlett-Packard posts surprise revenue gain after PC sales jump6:35 PM ET | Reuters
- Chile peso could depreciate further following five-year nadir6:35 PM ET | Reuters
- UPDATE 1-US preparing suit against Countrywide CEO - Bloomberg6:35 PM ET | Reuters
- Zimbabwe economy takes another dive6:30 PM ET | AP
- CA-BUSINESS Summary6:28 PM ET | Reuters
- Ex-Aeropostale executive gets 8 years prison over kickbacks6:28 PM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 17:44 ET Noranda Aluminum announces that the Missouri Public Service Commission has denied co's request for a lower electricity rate at the Company's aluminum smelter in New Madrid, Missouri
- 17:34 ET Oil States announces extension of the repurchase authorization of the Company's Common Stock to September 1, 2015; Co has ~$219 mln remaining under the repurchase authorization
- 17:33 ET Sally Beauty: Board authorizes new $1 bln share repurchase program
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended the midweek session on a mixed note. Blue chip listings bolstered the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) and S&P 500 (+0.3%), while the Russell 2000 (-0.4%) and Nasdaq Composite (-0.02%) underperformed.
Equity indices began the day in the red, but wasted no time regaining their flat lines. Small-cap stocks were not as fortunate as the Russell 2000 spent the day in the red.
Upon returning into positive territory, the key indices were ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|