In the news:
- Quakes surge around Iceland volcano; no eruption9:41 AM ET | AP
- Hamas backs Palestinian push for ICC Gaza war crimes probe9:35 AM ET | Reuters
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal9:28 AM ET | Reuters
- WRAPUP 5-Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal9:26 AM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary9:26 AM ET | Reuters
- Russian Deputy PM says no plans to ban McDonald's: Itar-Tass9:26 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages punctuated a solid week with a subdued Friday session. The S&P 500 shed 0.2% to narrow its weekly gain to 1.7%, while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) displayed relative strength. The tech-heavy index finished the week in line with the benchmark average.
Market participants went into today's session expecting to hear some new insight from Fed Chair Janet Yellen, who delivered the keynote address at this year's Jackson Hole Symposium. Unfortunately, the ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|