In the news:
- US stocks rise slightly in opening trade9:41 AM ET | AP
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn9:38 AM ET | Reuters
- Wall St opens flat ahead of Fed statement9:32 AM ET | Reuters
- Bassett Tower in downtown El Paso to become hotel9:32 AM ET | AP
- US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat ahead of Fed statement9:31 AM ET | Reuters
- Iraqi army launches offensive on Islamic State in three cities9:31 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 08:58 ET S&P futures vs fair value: +0.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.50.
- 08:58 ET On The Wires
- 08:46 ET Malibu Boats, Inc. settles litigation resulting in revised 4Q and FY14 Results; co to pay $20 mln, adjusts 4Q income to a net loss of $10.6 mln from previous disclosed income of $5.4 mln
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market climbed out of the gate with the industrial sector (+0.6%) setting the pace. Looking below the surface, transport stocks are largely responsible for the early outperformance following better than expected results from FedEx (FDX 160.46, +5.80). The logistics company has added 3.9%, while the broader Dow Jones Transportation Average trades up 1.3% with all but one component showing gains. Shipper Matson (MATX 27.36, -0.03) is the lone decliner, down ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|