- Oil falls near $98 a barrel before Bernanke speaks1:22 AM ET | AP
- UPDATE 2-Australian tycoon Tinkler sells out of Whitehaven Coal1:13 AM ET | Reuters
- Rohani once spoke approvingly of hiding Iran atomic work1:13 AM ET | Reuters
- Fed seen keeping options open on pace of bond buying1:08 AM ET | Reuters
- Analysis: Hospital investors sold on U.S. health reform despite bumps1:05 AM ET | Reuters
- Asia Markets mostly down as investors eye Fed1:01 AM ET | AP
COLUMNS & TOOLS
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages ended higher across the board as the S&P 500 advanced 0.8%.
Equities climbed steadily since the opening bell as investors prepared for tomorrow's policy decision from the Federal Reserve. Although chatter in recent weeks has included speculation the Fed would look to taper its asset purchases, today's broad gains suggest investors expect mostly reassuring words from Chairman Bernanke at tomorrow's press conference.
All ten sectors ended with ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|