In the news:
- Wall St. rises further after Bernanke comments10:37 AM ET | Reuters
- IRS official Lerner: I did nothing wrong10:35 AM ET | AP
- Stocks rise on Fed stimulus hopes, home sales10:34 AM ET | AP
- Egyptian factories, hit by subsidy cuts, highlight Cairo's fiscal dilemma10:34 AM ET | Reuters
- US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rises further after Bernanke comments10:34 AM ET | Reuters
- How The AP and Equilar calculate CEO pay10:33 AM ET | AP
COLUMNS & TOOLS
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 09:55 ET Nasdaq Comp +11 joins Dow +43 above Tuesday high -- S&P +4.8 less than 1 point below
- 09:52 ET Zale (+33%) at 6 month high testing resistance just above the $7 level after reporting surprise Q3 profit this morning
- 09:51 ET Stock indices extend early run, Dow +45 edges above Tuesday high -- S&P +4.9, Nasdaq Comp +8.3
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
[BRIEFING.COM] Initially, the dollar index dropped to a new session low following commentary from Bernanke (e.g. Fed's Bernanke says US monetary policy providing significant benefits, premature tightening would carry substantial risk).
Gold, silver and crude oil rallied on Bernanke's comments, pushing gold and silver to new session highs. Crude oil surged back above $95/barrel and even near $96/barrel, but fell short from crossing above that level.
In the most recent action, the ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|