In the news:
- Large blast kills at least one in Afghan capital as smoke rises above city12:34 AM ET | Reuters
- Blackstone Group seeks to raise $16 bln for its latest fund -WSJ12:31 AM ET | Reuters
- Allergan, suitors agree to hold special shareholder meeting on Dec. 1812:28 AM ET | Reuters
- UPDATE 1-Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage12:18 AM ET | Reuters
- PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - Sept 1612:17 AM ET | Reuters
- Federal agencies approve North Dakota power line12:17 AM ET | AP
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market welcomed the new trading week with a mixed session that saw relative strength among large-cap stocks, while high-beta names underperformed. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) and S&P 500 (-0.1%) finished near their flat lines, while the Nasdaq Composite and Russell 2000 both lost 1.1%.
Equities began the day on a cautious note amid continued concerns regarding the strength of the global economy. Over the weekend, China reported its first decline ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|