In the news:
- CANADA FX DEBT-C$ firms on U.S. data, rethink of Fed stance9:55 AM ET | Reuters
- Sterling hits two-year high versus euro as Scotland votes9:53 AM ET | Reuters
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge9:53 AM ET | Reuters
- India calls for G20 swap lines to mitigate U.S. stimulus withdrawal9:52 AM ET | Reuters
- U.S. commercial paper market grows in week: Fed9:50 AM ET | Reuters
- Global monetary tightening poses limited risks for Brazil -cbank9:49 AM ET | Reuters
TAX-PROOF YOUR PORTFOLIO
From bond strategies to dividend plays, here are some key maneuvers you should consider making early this year.
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
- 08:57 ET Freddie Mac will not issue a Reference Notes security in September
- 08:56 ET S&P futures vs fair value: +6.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +12.70.
- 08:52 ET Spectrum Brands' Hardware and Home Improvement Group signs definitive agreement to acquire Tell Manufacturing; transaction to be accretive and close by the end of Oct. 2014
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have climbed out of the gate with support from most economic sectors. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.3% with the financial sector (+0.7%) showing relative strength for the second day in a row.
Likewise, the materials sector (+0.5%) also finds itself among the early leaders after displaying relative strength yesterday. Meanwhile, the remaining cyclical groups hover a bit closer to their flat lines.
On the downside, energy (-0.2%) and utilities ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|