Happiest (and saddest) countries
Legatum Institute, a public policy organization, compares global levels of wealth and well-being in its annual ranking of nations.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
We seem to have lost all pride in our work ethic. We have lost our standards of morality. We make celebrities of totally unworthy people. We elect corrupt politicians. We reward laziness, incompetence, rudeness, and inefficiencies because we, ourselves, are too lazy to call people accountable for their actions. We are more concerned on being politically correct than demanding what is acceptable. We deserve what we are getting.Until we as individuals stand up and confront.......soured milk will continue to rise to the surface. You guys are looking way too deep into this.
- When was the last time when a waitress ask if the meal was good, when it was a mediocre or poor meal and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time when the front desk clerk at a hotel/motel was good: and you had just stood in ankle deep water and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time when you called your cable company and they said they would be out between noon and 5:00pm and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time you waited for over an hour for your doctor/dentist appointment and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time you took back a food product to the grocery store because it was spoiled, or opened, some other way unfit?
- When was the last time you called your state agency because you thought the gas pump was in error?
- When was the last time you called your doctor's office to question a bill that should have covered by insurance?
- When was the last time you cancelled a service (like a newspaper) when they consistantly failed to deliver?
- When was the last time you fired a landscaper/lawn service because they failed to show up on time?
- When was the last time you walked out of a store leaving a full grocery cart because they had insufficient lanes open for check out?
- When was the last time you called the national headquarters of a local company to complain about local service?
- When was the last time you called local TV, radio station, newspaper help line to complain about local business and government shortcomings?
- When was the last time you called up your state representatives and reamed them a new ****?
- When was the last time you called up you federal representatives and reamed them a new ****?
- When was the last time demanded a price check on an item you were sure you were being overcharged for?
- When was the last time you questioned one of your employees and let them slide on a fluff answer.
- When was the last time one of your employees said, "it is what it is " and you let that go...........SHAME ON YOU!!!!
This can't be a surprise to anyone. Well anyone outside of DC that is.
After reading the comments on this page it is obvious that the people of the USA have no clue what makew the USA number 12 and Scandanavian countries number 1, 2 and 3. Blame Blame, Blame.This president, last president, congress, welfare, WRONG>>
If you all got off your high horses and elected people who care about you then the USA could be backon top. As long as corporate America and the Military Industrial COmplex controls the government the USA will continue to decline in all 89 categories this survey is based on.
The massive Norwegian welfare state is bankrolled by high taxes and big reserves of offshore oil and gas.
What's Norway got that the rest of the world doesn't? For one thing, a per-capita GDP of $57,000.
Well I'll bet it would be hard to the republicans to get elected in Norway of course they use the revenues from their offshore oil and gas to help the people. In this country the politicians allow private companies to drill on public land and give them tax breaks to pay for their drilling equipment.
The billionaires pocket the profits and the rest of us just pay too much for gasoline. Did I mention free Health Care. Conservatives always call the president a socialist maybe we would be better off if the whole government were socialist?
Comparing relatively small and homogeneous countries like Norway and Sweden to a large diverse country like the USA is apples vs. oranges.
The one common trait among these wealthy countries (and higher end areas of the USA) is not only is the birth rate very low, but the parents are older. Unplanned pregnancies are very rare.
If all Americans decided not to have children until they were socially and financially ready to make raising their kid their # 1 priority (for most people that means 30 years old), in 20 years our schools, health care, welfare, crime rate and prisons would resemble those of Western Europe.
Of course, Sweden, Norway and NZ don't spend trillions with their militaries scattered all over the world fighting 5 wars.
This report makes sense to me. As some ex-pats say, "America - where you're always just a broken bone away from financial disaster!" I long for a country where I don't have to live in fear of getting sick and losing everything I've worked hard for.
Some of you say "socialism" like it's a dirty word but America's broken system is like something from a Charles Dickens novel. If Tiny Tim were American he would've died at the end of the book.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the new trading week on a slightly lower note with small caps leading the weakness. The Russell 2000 shed 0.3% while the S&P 500 slipped less than a point with six sectors ending in the red.
Equity indices began the day in negative territory with only the Nasdaq (-0.04%) making a very brief appearance in the green. After sliding through the first hour of action, the major averages reversed and spent the remainder of the session climbing off ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'