Happiest (and saddest) countries
Legatum Institute, a public policy organization, compares global levels of wealth and well-being in its annual ranking of nations.
MORE ON MSN MONEY
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
We seem to have lost all pride in our work ethic. We have lost our standards of morality. We make celebrities of totally unworthy people. We elect corrupt politicians. We reward laziness, incompetence, rudeness, and inefficiencies because we, ourselves, are too lazy to call people accountable for their actions. We are more concerned on being politically correct than demanding what is acceptable. We deserve what we are getting.Until we as individuals stand up and confront.......soured milk will continue to rise to the surface. You guys are looking way too deep into this.
- When was the last time when a waitress ask if the meal was good, when it was a mediocre or poor meal and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time when the front desk clerk at a hotel/motel was good: and you had just stood in ankle deep water and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time when you called your cable company and they said they would be out between noon and 5:00pm and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time you waited for over an hour for your doctor/dentist appointment and you said it was OK?
- When was the last time you took back a food product to the grocery store because it was spoiled, or opened, some other way unfit?
- When was the last time you called your state agency because you thought the gas pump was in error?
- When was the last time you called your doctor's office to question a bill that should have covered by insurance?
- When was the last time you cancelled a service (like a newspaper) when they consistantly failed to deliver?
- When was the last time you fired a landscaper/lawn service because they failed to show up on time?
- When was the last time you walked out of a store leaving a full grocery cart because they had insufficient lanes open for check out?
- When was the last time you called the national headquarters of a local company to complain about local service?
- When was the last time you called local TV, radio station, newspaper help line to complain about local business and government shortcomings?
- When was the last time you called up your state representatives and reamed them a new ****?
- When was the last time you called up you federal representatives and reamed them a new ****?
- When was the last time demanded a price check on an item you were sure you were being overcharged for?
- When was the last time you questioned one of your employees and let them slide on a fluff answer.
- When was the last time one of your employees said, "it is what it is " and you let that go...........SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices settled on their lows following a steady, session-long slide. Similar to yesterday, small-caps paced the retreat as the Russell 2000 fell 1.6%, extending its December loss to 3.6%. The S&P 500 settled lower by 1.1%, widening its month-to-date decline to 1.3%.
There was no specific news catalyst behind today's slide, which had the markings of broad-based profit-taking. Seven of ten sectors settled with losses of 1.0% or more while only two groups ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|