VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
And to think, this hell-hole state of Alabama where I now reside didn't make the list. I can't imagine why. The good ol' boy system is alive and well, we have Bubba stashing guns and ammo for the next revolution, the average drop out age is 14, the average age for girls to give birth is 16, Montgomery, our capital has about 50% of the city boarded up, Birmingham houses the most active airport that operates between 8-5 with a good portion of the city boarded up, Huntsville has the arsenal with a ton of overpaid government workers pushing paper, and UAH is the MIT of the south. Wow, with all of these things going for it, how could it have possibly missed the list.
Oh, I can't forget the interstates. They've been working on the I65/I20 exchange for 20 years and are no closer to completion that they were 20 years ago. I don't know what they're doing in Montgomery on I65, but it's been torn up for at least 15 years. There are pot holes that will swallow your vehicle on I59. The interstates are 4 lane 98% of the way through the state and are in horrible repair. Of course, the governor won't allow the lottery to come into the state to help fund anything and heaven forbid they'd increase property taxes to help fund schools. They do, however, like to increase sales tax. Most cities are between 9 and 10% sales tax, and they tax all food. And our "elected officials" voted themselves a 65% pay increase for working 32 days a year.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Minnesota is number 10 XD
not surprised really we deal with healthcare, food, and technology stuff all the time.
Mayo Clinic is the best hospital in the WORLD! well maybe not after Obamacare rips into it like a starved lion on crack... but they do a lot of inovation and discovery!. we have a ton of food companies like General mills Land O Lakes, maybe Malt O meal. and Polaris just introduced a new machine!
then looking into the past Minnesota has a huge innovation history! first 4x4 articulated tractor "Steiger" first Bobcat Skid Steer "technically fargo but that's just a hop across the river" first personal snowmobile "polaris" Vehicle Track systems "Mattracks" i believe Honeywell came from here as well. Target, and a good number of resteraunts.
lol and only like 1-2 % of the population works these jobs LOL..wow i bet the other 98% are happy about this list....so remember when a bunch of tech. plants move into your state and bring in people from other stats your state suddnely becomes and looks smart....and horay for more techology that creates phones that control you and allow the NSA to track you..and horay for technology that makes us dumber with everything overall..because when a machine does your thinking..your brain doesnt have too!
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market finished an upbeat week on a mixed note. The S&P 500 added just over a point, holding its weekly gain at 1.0% while the Nasdaq lost 0.4%.
The major averages began the day on an upbeat note, but relinquished their opening gains during the first 90 minutes of action. The early sentiment was boosted by a better-than-expected nonfarm payrolls report for February (175K versus Briefing.com consensus 163K), but a closer look into the report suggested that ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'