In the news:
- Salesforce's 1Q loss widens, outlook disappoints5:56 PM ET | AP
- Wet spring, weak construction drag Titan Machinery to loss5:56 PM ET | Reuters
- CA-BUSINESS Summary5:55 PM ET | Reuters
- Ally settlement may be a boon for ResCap bondholders5:54 PM ET | Reuters
- Judge says leaning toward U.S. in Apple e-books case5:54 PM ET | Reuters
- Summary Box: Stocks recover from an early swoon5:53 PM ET | AP
COLUMNS & TOOLS
STOCKS IN PLAYData provided by: Briefing.com
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages ended modestly lower with the S&P 500 shedding 0.3%.
The benchmark average saw an opening loss of 1.2% after Japan's Nikkei tumbled 7.3%. Japanese stocks sold off amid continued volatility in Japanese Government Bond futures as the 10-yr yield spiked almost 16 basis points to 1.002 before the Bank of Japan's JPY2 trillion liquidity injection caused yields to retrace their gains.
Adding insult to injury was news out of China where the HSBC ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|