Gymboree surges on possible sale
An analyst says strong cash flow, a healthy balance sheet and good brand recognition could make the children's apparel company an attractive acquisition.
By Jeanine Poggi, TheStreet
The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday night that the retailer is exploring a possible sale to private investors.
"Given strong cash flow generation, a healthy balance sheet, core brand recognition and growth potential, Gymboree represents a palatable potential private transaction," Susquehanna analyst Thomas Filandro wrote in a note.
Filandro upped his price target on the stock to $60 from $48.
Shares of Gymboree were soaring 16.1% to $48.24 in midday trading and driving up shares of rival Children's Place (PLCE), which was gaining 5.3% to $51.35.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
- A stronger dollar index weighted on the commodities space today.
- Dec gold and Dec silver fell deeper into negative territory, trading as low as $1263.10 per ounce and $19.11 per ounce, respectively.
- Unable to gain momentum, both metals settled with 1.7% losses, with gold closing at $1264.90 per ounce and silver closing at $19.16 per ounce.
- Oct crude oil fell below the $93 per barrel level. It trended lower after pulling back from a session ... More
More Market News
|There’s a problem getting this information right now. Please try again later.|
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'