Michael Brush: These unsung economic heroes work in diverse areas -- pet care, energy, gaming, security and food; what they have in common is the potential to pay off for investors.
LATEST SMART SPENDING POSTS
- Survey: Financial education helps but few receive it
A new survey by MoneyRates.com gives a glimpse into what a little financial education can do.
- What cable mergers might mean for you
- How to prepare to be a stay-at-home parent
- If terrorists destroy a home, will insurance pay?
- 3 signs it's time to replace your car
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'
Kiplinger.com provides coverage of personal finance news, commentary and advice. Kiplinger editors and writers focus on tax preparation, auto insurance, home insurance, retirement planning, credit cards and travel deals.
Topics covered by Kiplinger also include, mortgage rates, college tuition, college savings and savings plans, banking, home financing, interest rates and financial planning.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.