Michael Brush: These unsung economic heroes work in diverse areas -- pet care, energy, gaming, security and food; what they have in common is the potential to pay off for investors.
LATEST SMART SPENDING POSTS
- How long before an LED light bulb pays for itself?
Cheap LED light bulbs cost more upfront -- between $8 to $10 apiece -- but begin to pay off within 18 months.
- The best and worst things to buy in August
- Are you committing these 10 deadly credit card sins?
- You can enjoy your next airport layover
- Are those designer shades worth the price?
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'
MSN Money is partnering with Money Talks News, an online and on-air personal-finance news source in its 20th year. Emmy-winning host Stacy Johnson is a CPA and former stockbroker whose friendly, fresh approach to personal finance will help you save more, spend less and destroy debt. He also blogs for MSN Money's Smart Spending, writing about auto insurance, home insurance, retirement planning, credit cards and travel deals.
Topics covered by Money Talks News also include mortgage rates, college tuition, college savings and savings plans, banking, home financing, interest rates and financial planning.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.