Lululemon's fake CEO job listing draws 160 resumes
The company puts a lighthearted spin on questions arising after Christine Day said she would step down from the top spot.
That's the new job posting from the company, and amazingly, at least 160 people have applied, according to CNN. Winfrey must get a lot of calls.
The posting was a joke, a nice change of pace from a company that hasn't had much to joke about lately. First there was the see-through-pants debacle that cost Lululemon nearly $70 million in revenue, and now CEO Christine Day is leaving for unclear reasons.
But Lululemon has retained a sense of humor through it all. A company spokeswoman said the fakeout was intended to show that Lululemon has "always been a fun and irreverent brand" and is "not afraid to spark a conversation in our communities."
In the ad, Lululemon says it's looking for a CEO who:
- Can communicate powerfully, often through Sanskrit.
- Has a plan to bring yoga to Mars by 2018.
- Can get his or her "om" on when the urge arises.
- Will hold Lululemon's version of "The Bachelor."
- Knows how Cadbury (MDLZ) got caramel in the Caramilk bar.
- Will wear The Mansy -- a one-piece leotard featured in a previous company joke -- to lead company chants.
- Has Chip Wilson, Bill Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey on speed dial.
- Drinks wheatgrass and tequila shots on Fridays.
- Can trace his or her heritage back to Phidippides, who was considered the Greeks' best runner around 500 B.C.
- Newtown gunmaker's comments spark outrage
- Miss Utah gives cringe-worthy answer
- Mansion shortage leaves wealthy waiting to buy
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices closed out the month of August on a modestly higher note. The Russell 2000 (+0.6%) and Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) finished ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.3%), which extended its August gain to 3.8%. Blue chips lagged with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) spending the bulk of the session in the red.
The final week of August represented one of the quietest stretches for the stock market so far this year. The first four sessions of the week produced the ... More
More Market News
These hot movers could rise by double digits in coming months.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'