Warren Buffett, the next Willy Wonka?
The billionaire is auctioning a private 'all-you-can-eat' tour of a See's Candies factory.
All he needs are a top hat, a series of golden tickets and one hallucinogenic and completely terrifying boat tunnel.
In reality, the winner will get half a day of Buffett's time, a lesson on the proper way to eat a bonbon and the chance to put away untold numbers of calories. See's doesn't normally give public tours of its plants.
Seven bidders have made a claim on the event, raising the bid to $32,500 by midday Monday. The auction closes Aug. 13.
Buffett is participating in the auction to raise money for Communities in Schools of Los Angeles, a charity aimed at reducing the number of high school dropouts nationwide. Other prizes at the high-profile auction include lunches with Disney (DIS) CEO Bob Iger, Whole Foods Market (WFM) co-CEO John Mackey and Twitter co-founder Biz Stone.
Berkshire Hathaway has owned See's Candies since 1972.
Buffett has called See's a "dream business," according to CNN. Here are five quick facts about See's from a CNN profile:
- Sales were just $376 million in 2011, but $83 million of that was profit.
- See's is expanding east of Chicago to Florida, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C.
- Charles See designed the first See's shop to look like the kitchen of his widowed mother. The store opened in 1921 in Los Angeles.
- See's has very little overhead and doesn't change much from year to year. But it does raise prices by up to 5% each year.
- Buffett's favorite See's product is the chocolate lollipop.
- 4 out of 5 Americans feel the sting of insecurity
- How darkened streets reflect hard times
- Monopoly pressured to speed up for busy families
Also to Justified, the correct spelling is "Economist" and "Manipulate."
Now, my question is... who would believe you anything when you cannot even spell correctly?
Trod carefully will you?
Go F...Yourself Warren . Your such a suck **** to the govt. Who the hell would bother with you at a choc factory in LA. Buy Hershey.... Hey sell a night in the Lincoln room instead. You gots em them all kissing up ! Your a fake. BTW sell the rail roads before fracking kills the railroad right boy? Go pipeline go !!
Your a Midwest Ohaha embarrassment. Go get a dilly bar
Warren Buffett is the head of the snake. This guy has leaked more insider trading info to his government and CEO friends he should be hung. He is the FINANCIAL GURU.
THE VICIUOS CIRCLE
THE AMERICAN DREAM, WHERE LAWYERS, ECONOMIST AND FINANCIAL GURU’S MANIPULATE THE STOCK MARKET SO THE RICH GET RICHER TO FINANCE POLITICIANS WHO PASS LAWS TO PROTECT THOSE WHO FINANCE THEIR ELECTIONS.
The Bilderberg Group
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices closed out the month of August on a modestly higher note. The Russell 2000 (+0.6%) and Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) finished ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.3%), which extended its August gain to 3.8%. Blue chips lagged with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) spending the bulk of the session in the red.
The final week of August represented one of the quietest stretches for the stock market so far this year. The first four sessions of the week produced the ... More
More Market News
These hot movers could rise by double digits in coming months.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'