Bathroom reading goes digital with iPad TP stand
The new caddy from Hammacher Schlemmer gives print books and magazines the boot.
The $100 chromed steel stand has a 10-inch flexible holder that can display an iPad in portrait or landscape mode. It also holds a roll of toilet paper -- apparently the only kind of paper allowed in the bathroom anymore.
"This is the bathroom stand that replaces a traditional basket of magazines," the company says on its website. The company's general manager, Fred Berns, said in a statement that it eliminates the clutter created by traditional printed materials.
A number of iPad-in-the-bathroom accessories have come out in recent months, MarketWatch notes, including the iPotty, a training toilet with its own dock for the device. "We're not sure whether we should cringe at this sign of our times or be thrilled that someone finally put this idea into production," writes the SheKnows site. We vote for cringe on this one. The $40 toilet is out of stock on Amazon.com (AMZN).
There's also the $15 Koala wall-mount dock for tablets. Though not designed specifically for the bathroom, these damage-free mounts are cheap enough that you could plaster your house with them. And then you will never, ever have to leave your iPad alone.
- Southwest Airlines turns less legroom into $773M
- 10 states where dog bites cost millions
- What US armed forces earn -- and why
Paper The 'Moon',
You know what? .... Years ago, people got just as much information and entertainment from the Sears Roebuck catalog that hung on a nail and string in the outhouse. It did "double duty" and it didn't cost $500.00 either.
Peace to all ~
The toliet paper is put on the stupid way. Smart people tend to put the toliet paper so it falls off the front of the roll making it easier to grab rather than behind which leaves less room for fingers to grab hold of the paper.
Would not trust this article as the toliet paper has been placed without any thought
Just like this article was written without any thought.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
- The dollar index has continued to climb higher this morning and hit a new HoD minutes ago... it's now +0.2% at 81.20
- This strength in helping weigh on commodities this morning such as gold, silver, copper and oil.
- Crude oil began to sell off in overnight activity and fell as low as $100.32/barrel. Sept crude is now -0.5% at $101.12/barrel
- Gold and silver also sold off in recent trade. Aug gold is currently -0.4% at $1298.40/oz, while Sept silver is ... More
More Market News
'We're not exactly in a uniformly strong market,' says the notably pessimistic newsletter publisher.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'