Powerball hype returns as jackpot hits $270 million
No one won Wednesday night's drawing, boosting the prize for Saturday.
The jackpot now stands at $270 million after no one won Wednesday night's drawing. And that's fueling some big dreams in 43 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The newest prize is the latest in a year of big jackpots, which should tell you how unlucky we all are. The jackpots keep growing because no one's winning, people!
But that isn't stopping folks from imagining the possibilities. One Twitter user said that "$270M would look amazing in my account right about now." Well, it wouldn't actually be $270 million because there's that tiny matter of taxes to contend with, but go ahead and dream.
The odds of winning are one in 175 million, but hey, don't let that stop you. As another Twitter user remarked wistfully, "I need to win that Powerball so I can hit that reset button." Don't we all, sir, don't we all.
- Facebook phone kicked to the 99-cent bargain bin
- Gluten-free food business is making a lot of bread
- US missing the boat on global tourism boom
The last people I`d teel if I won would be friends and relatives.Can you spell
The odds posted by Lottery are incorrect. But I still buy my ticket. Also I hope that I can say on Monday at work "See ya"
My wife said that if I win, I should pay for plastic surgery so she looks more attractive.
I told her that there was no way I was paying some quack to sew my eyes shut.
I hope I will win regardless whts going on I need to satisfy myself and help my family.
With Powerball, I've always proclaimed that one number be drawn for every $10 million of the total. This means there should be 27 numbers drawn for the possibility of 27 winners of $10 million each.
Spread the wealth and decrease the odds!
Does anyone really need $270 million to live the rest of their life in comfort (even after taxes)?
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
- Precious metals fell in electronic trade yesterday following the FOMC statement which conveyed no changes to the Fed's current policy course. As expected, the FOMC reduced the monthly pace of tis asset purchases by $10 bln to $15 bln and maintained the "considerable time" language in its forward guidance.
- Dec gold continued to trade lower and fell as low as $1216.30 per ounce in overnight trade, its lowest level since January. It managed to inch slightly ... More
More Market News
Traders might want to bite on BABA, but long-term investors have reasons to wait.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'