What's the best song for the Dow's run?
Twitter users put their heads together to lay down the right soundtrack for the Dow's all-time highs Tuesday.
That's what creative thinkers on Twitter were discussing Tuesday, laying down the soundtrack for the day with song titles that best described what was happening to the market.
There were the obvious songs mentioned with the #DowSongs hashtag, such as "Defying Gravity" from the musical "Wicked." And "The Gambler" from Kenny Rogers probably applied to plenty of investors wondering Tuesday whether to hold stocks or walk away.
The non-investing world might be singing Morrissey's "We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful," suggested one Twitter user. Another user thought (Fed) love lift us "Up Where We Belong" was a better descriptor.
Here are some of the other song titles that seemed especially relevant Tuesday:
- "Sky's the Limit" from The Notorious B.I.G.
- "Suicide is Painless," the theme song for the television show M*A*S*H.
- "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles," a waltz published in 1919.
- "Highway to Hell" from AC/DC.
- "Don't Stop Me Now" from Queen.
- "Ship of Fools" by dozens of artists.
- "Rocket Man" from Elton John.
- "Fly Me to the Moon," the hit standard from the 1950s.
- "Candle in the Wind" from Elton John.
- "Dog Days Are Over" from Florence + The Machine.
- "Push it to the Limit" from the soundtrack for the film "Scarface."
You notice it`s the bitter Republicans that are bearish?We`re making tons of money and those sour pusses are trying to find fault.Arn`t they sick of always being on the losing side.I`m having
hats made that say "DOW 15,000"The Repubs always wants to piss on a parade.
I will offer three very appropriate songs:
1. Tom Petty: Free Fallin'
2. Pink Floyd: Money
3. Tom Petty: Runnin' Down a Dream
Ben Bernanke singing a terrible cover version of "There ain't nothin' like the real thing (baby)".
How about "happy days".Corporate profits and a record amount of cash on the sideslines
means the market can go a lot higher.Invest in blue chips and live the American dream.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages punctuated a solid week with a subdued Friday session. The S&P 500 shed 0.2% to narrow its weekly gain to 1.7%, while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) displayed relative strength. The tech-heavy index finished the week in line with the benchmark average.
Market participants went into today's session expecting to hear some new insight from Fed Chair Janet Yellen, who delivered the keynote address at this year's Jackson Hole Symposium. Unfortunately, the ... More
More Market News
These companies won't soar like other plays in the sector, but they make for great income sources.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'