The 10 worst and best jobs for equal pay
The gender wage gap is quite large for CEOs and those in finance-related jobs. But in other professions, women actually make more than men.
Are you out of your mind?? Realtors don't make a salary as they are paid on commission. The commission is the same for all on any given transaction. There is ZERO difference between men and women agents.
People actually believe what they see on the internet so I really wish you would stop letting people with ABSOLUTLY NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE SUBJECT PRETEND THEY ARE EXPERTS.
Agree with Seabee 10. The All Volunteer Force has been around for over 30 years and the pay has always been equal rank/equal time/equal pay. Housing is the same as are benefits.
Where did the author of this article get the data? Okay here are some professions the author missed.
Worst job for equal pay: actors-actress/movie star: The top actors make a lot more than the top actresses, but that's based on box office they bring in.
Professional Athletes: It's the box office here, too.
Romance authors: Women score here.
Novelists: Women score here.
Prostitutes: Well, it's the market.
Cops make the same pay whether it is a male or a female. The pay scales are set by local government, and controlled by Civil Service boards. I've worked with both men and women cops, and can't really say one is overwhelmingly better than the other. In some cases, one might be, but in other instances the other is. It's a wash for this former cop.
Questioning the brilliance of this article.
Also, real estate agents are paid on a commission. I have had both women and men, and they made the same percentage of the sale. And each were at times adequate, and inadequate. Gender didn't seem to play a role in their ability.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
- Dec gold rose for the first time in six sessions as it gained support from Janet Yellen's speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium. Ms. Yellen said the FOMC sees significant underutilization of labor resources and that the labor market has not fully recovered despite recent gains. The yellow metal advanced to a session high of $1282.80 per ounce and settled with a 0.4% gain at $1280.30 per ounce, booking a 2.0% loss for the week.
- Sep silver touched a session high ... More
More Market News
Investors need to rethink that often-repeated belief, because times have definitely changed.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'