MORE ON MSN MONEY
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
WHAT A BRILLIANT ARTICLE! Let's see: I want to make sure I have this right....
This report says, If you are 65 year or older:
1. Do not spend money on Food.
2. Sell your car and buy cheap gas..or no gas. (where do you have to go? you're old remember).
3. Tear up your credit cards
4. Do not buy any type of insurance...after all...you're old.
5. Don't travel or go anywhere unless you stay in the cheapest hotels
6. For the love of all good things, don't gamble.
7. Cancel your Cable TV....turn in your cell phones (High tech is for the young).
8. Don't repair your house unless you're good with a paint brush.
Looks like you'll be spending a lot of time on the back porch, or in a walking club.
Is this a glimpse of life under this government regime?
The working bees are financially punished in retirement? What an AGE-IST report.
Wonder how much fluff the retired politicians are willing to cut out of their lives???
Hint: None. Why else do you think they voted themselves such sweet retirement packages paid for by the taxpayers?
That’s right, cut costs on everything so you can afford health care. If you buy generic and save 50 cents per can on your next 3000 cans of beans you can pay for one crown on your tooth.
Worked hard all of my life and scrimped and saved.....what, msnbc want me to leave it for the nursing home??? Hahahahahha ...Nope!!!
If you've done it right all along, you shouldn't have to worry about cutting these 8 costs in retirement!
I would especially disregard #6. Buy a new vehicle now and enjoy.
You earned it, spend it while you're above ground.........the kids will understand!
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
Even those who don't like to shop are probably hitting the stores this month. Here's what to be on the lookout for and here's what to avoid.