VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
...how about "How to retire where you have your mortgage paid off". One less expense to worry about in my opinion.
Couple things about the NYC portion..
1. Heat and humidity - you have experienced NYC in June, July and August, haven't you?
2. Figuring $900/mo now increased gradually from $100/mo over 50 years is $998,000 at a
curve in interest rates over those 50 years - may have been better off to buy in 1960
pay off by 1980, move to a lower cost city in 2000 by selling your paid off abode. Rent
control or not, you have loooooong since boosted that landlord's gain fifteen-fold. Could have been
your gain with realistic potential to buy all-cash your final home. Rent that long if you want nothing
to show for it.
3. NYC = tipping gone wild - EVERYONE has their hand out these days.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'