Bing, Google and eBay are offering deals at airports, hotels and on planes.
What do adults want for the holidays?
If they’re travelers, free wireless Internet access in the airport is always a welcome gift. Bing, Google and eBay are all offering free wi-fi at airports and a few other locations -– including in the air -- this holiday season.
- Bing: Best free wi-fi spots
Here are the deals:
Retailers jump on the clunker trade-in bandwagon, but will you get top dollar?
- Got an old appliance your want to replace? Buy an energy-efficient model and receive rebates ranging from $50 to $250. This federally sponsored program, similar to the Cash for Clunkers program, varies by state. More details can be found here.
- Trade in old video games at Amazon.com and Toys 'R' Us in exchange for gift cards.
- Old electronic devices can be traded in to Radio Shack, Hewlett-Packard, Amazon and Costco.
Deals include a $250 GPS for $97, cheap DVDs and $3 appliances
Looks like Black Friday shoppers can “expect more, pay less” at Target’s post-Turkey Day sale.
On Friday, while supplies last, you can get
Should you line the interior with foil? Read on to find out.
Saving money is made all the sweeter when you also rest assured that you did your part to save power and energy. And although using the oven is not nearly as efficient as sticking to the stove-top, sometimes you just have to bake that casserole or cake.
So take a look at these 19 tips to help you maximize your oven's energy-efficiency, as well as to cut your cooking costs.
Wal-Mart making big changes to prevent rampaging crowds on Black Friday.
And this year, shoppers' desperation to get in on a good deal might be ratcheted up a notch. Blame the economy. Blame the pressure we put on ourselves to still shower friends and family with gifts even if we can't afford it.
You'll need something many jobless folks lack: A lot of cash.
- Continue to look for a work, competing with hundreds of folks in similar situations for each opening.
- Go back to school and find a new career with the hope you'll find a gig after you're retrained.
- Relocate to a part of the country where jobs aren't scarce.
Who needs a $276,000 dinosaur skull? Apparently, budget-impaired Nicolas Cage did.
The actor, whose films have grossed more than $3.9 billion worldwide, is in financial ruin. He owes $6 million in back taxes, is suing his former money manager for $20 million, his mansions are in foreclosure and many of his belongings are on the auction block (anyone want to buy a shrunken head?).
What lessons can be gleaned from Cage's free-spending ways? How about:
With some exceptions, asking someone how much they make is a big no-no.
This guest post comes from J. Money at Budgets Are Sexy.
Are you my friend? Family? Are we helping each other out with our finances? If not, you're probably just making me angry. Unfortunately, I can't even say that with a straight face because I'm naturally happy.
Seriously though, I'm all for open discussions on money, but you can't be a jerk and ask someone how much they make just because you feel like it.
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Nevertheless, a new study says, young working women says men are more likely to get the top jobs.