It's National Pi Day: What can you buy for $3.14?
Celebrate Pi Day on March 14 with lots of great $3.14 deals across the country.
This post comes from Krystal Steinmetz at partner site Money Talks News.
It's the one day of the year when $3.14 can buy quite a bit. March 14, or 3/14, is National Pi Day, and businesses across the U.S. are hosting a variety of nerdy, Pi-themed promotions.
Drinks, baseball tickets, pizzas and, of course, pie! -- all for $3.14. Check out these awesome Pi deals, shared by Time:
- Boston. Enjoy a slice of $3.14 pie at the Beacon Hill Hotel or a $3.14 flatbread pizza at Salvatore’s.
- Chicago. Click here for a full list of Pi-themed promotions.
- Princeton, N.J. March 14 is a big day in Princeton, as the town also celebrates longtime resident and genius Albert Einstein's birthday. Click here for a weekend full of Pi and Einstein events.
- St. Louis. Buy a regular-price pizza and get your second pizza for $3.14 at Pi Pizzeria, which has restaurants in Missouri and also owns the District of Pi restaurant in Washington, D.C.
The Gastonia Grizzlies in North Carolina are celebrating Pi Day with $3.14 game tickets and 31.4 percent off Grizzlies merchandise, plus a chance to pie Grizzlies staff in the face.
Pi is arguably the most widely known mathematical constant. The ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, Pi comes out to be 3.141592653 … . I have to end there because Pi goes on forever.
Self-proclaimed math geek? While 3/14 may be fun, you're probably even more excited for Pi Day 2015, a once-in-a-century thrill that will be over in the blink of an eye -- 3/14/15 9:26:53 a.m.
I am definitely better with words than math, but I can recite 3.141592 from memory. I'm lost after that. Any big Pi Day plans?
More on Money Talks News:
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Shopping at Costco saves money, even after paying the $55 membership fee, but comes at the price of buying in bulk and limited selection.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'