Must-dos for homebuyers
In the market for a home to call your own? You'll want to watch this handy checklist of important things to do first.
For starters? Get your credit score and make sure it's accurate. The better your credit score the lower, in general, your ultimate payments will be. Figure out how much home you can afford (your mortgage payments should be, conservatively speaking, no more than 28% of your gross monthly income), and get pre-approval from a lender.
Watch this video to get the complete checklist.
More from MSN Money:
- Sneaky restaurant tricks
- Sneaky homeowners insurance tricks
- Smart Spending on the go: Get our app for Android or iPhone
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
If you worry about money after the streetlights come on, these actions may help you rest easier.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'