Win with March Madness food deals
Beer, sliders, pizza and wings, plus a burrito for St. Patrick's Day.
Apparently there is some sort of basketball tournament going on.
I’m not a sports fan, but I’m certainly a deals fan, and a number of restaurants are offering March Madness deals. We found a few St. Patrick’s Day specials, too, though you’ll find most of the best St. Patrick’s Day parties at local restaurants and Irish pubs.
Check the Facebook pages and Twitter feeds of your favorite hangouts, both local and national, for NCAA tournament and St. Patrick’s Day deals. Facebook especially is becoming a favorite way for restaurants to broadcast deals.
With some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap and from Nancy Luna, at the Orange County Register’s Fast Food Maven blog, we found several deals for people who want to watch the games with others:
- T.G.I. Friday’s is offering half-price boneless buffalo wings in the bar during game parties beginning Tuesday, March 16. The special is also valid March 18-21, March 25-28, and April 3 and 5.
- Fleming’s restaurants are offering “Two Buck Chucks” ($2 prime chuck sliders) in the bar after 7 p.m. March 18-21 and March 25-28.
- Claim Jumper restaurants are offering specials on beer, good March 16, March 18-21, March 25-28, and April 3 and 5.
If you want to watch the games at home, the Fast Food Maven reminds us that lots of pizza deals are still in effect, including two medium, two-topping pizzas for $5.99 each at Domino’s and $10 large pizzas at Pizza Hut and Papa John’s, which is running a March Madness contest on its Facebook page.
- Get a free download of 20 traditional Irish songs from Amazon.com.
Do you know of any other national March Madness or St. Patrick’s Day promotions we’ve missed? Share them here.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
The Internet helps broadcast dubious remedies and phony "cures." These unproven treatments take your money and sometimes your health, too.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'