Wal-Mart releases official Black Friday ad
Target, Wal-Mart have the bargains to beat this year
The ad, which comes six days ahead of schedule, contains a number of hot early-bird specials (5 a.m. to 11 a.m.), while supplies last:
- Emerson 32” LCD 720p HDTV for $248
- Emerson 42” Plasma 720p HDTV marked down to $448
- Magnavox Blu-ray Disc player for $78 instead of $128
- E-Machines laptop for $198, regularly $300
- HP G60 laptop for $298, down from $600
Some shoppers trolling online bargain sites were also excited about the doorbuster Playstation 3 Console with 120 GB hard drive for $299. That’s regular price, but it comes with a free bundle of the games Infamous and Batman: Arkham Asylum, as well as the Blu-ray version of The Dark Knight.
All day Friday, Wal-Mart will be selling the 8GB iPod for $195 with a $50 iTunes gift card included.
For those with smaller budgets, it’s also offering a Tom Tom One 125-SE GPS for $59 (regularly $164 on Amazon), as well as a number of $4 kitchen appliances such as a slow cooker and hand mixer.
Some of these deals will undoubtedly be available online, preempting that cold-weather campout. But probably not all, says Brad Olson of BlackFriday.Gottadeal.com.
Of all the leaked Black Friday ads we've seen, it appears that Target and Wal-Mart are the ones to beat this holiday season. However, Wal-Mart will price-match other stores' deals (in store and online, as long as the product is identical). DealNews has posted information on retailers who match prices here.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'