Friday freebies: Food, music and bus trips
Free Christmas songs for iTunes and Amazon, plus a free poinsettia.
It’s time for Friday freebies and food deals, but the deal makers seem to be settling down for a long winter’s nap, or at least a holiday hiatus. Some of last week’s deals are still good.
To make up for the lack of free food, we’ve found you some free music, free kids’ craft workshops, a free poinsettia and even a free bus trip.
For your post-holiday travel needs, Megabus is giving away 100,000 free tickets for travel between Jan. 6 and March 20.
Here are a few new food deals we found, with some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap:
- McDonald’s has unveiled a new $1 breakfast menu and will offer sausage McMuffins, sausage biscuits, sausage burritos, hash browns or a 12-ounce coffee for $1 each, starting in January.
- El Pollo Loco is offering a skinless chicken breast meal, which includes steamed vegetables and a salad, for $2.75 with this coupon. The meal has 275 calories, the chain says. The coupon is good through Dec. 17.
- Restaurant.com’s discount dining certificates are 80% off through Dec. 14. Use promo code SHARE to get a $25 certificate for $2. The normal price is $10.
- The Swedish Meatball Plate at IKEA, regularly $4.29, is just $1 this weekend, Dec. 12-13. The plate includes 10 meatballs, mashed potatoes and cream sauce.
How about a few Christmas freebies?
- Get a free six-inch poinsettia with this coupon when you make a purchase at Earth Fare Supermarket.
- Download the 20 free songs that make up the iTunes holiday sampler. Artists include Amy Grant, Sarah McLachlan, Barry Manilow, Mannheim Steamroller, Aretha Franklin and Rascal Flatts.
- Amazon’s 25 Days of Free gives you a free Christmas song every day through Dec. 25. You can go back and download the songs you missed. Amazon also has a free Sampler Claus with seven songs. And Jennifer Maciejewski of Cities on the Cheap found a whole list of additional free Christmas songs on Amazon.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Occupy Wall Street bought and forgave the student loan debt of more than 2,700 Everest College students.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'