Friday food deals and freebies
Smoothies, chocolate and massage
If it's Friday, it must be free food day, though we've got a few non-edible deals as well.
If you're on a diet, we suggest you take advantage of the $35 massage and the week of free yoga in lieu of the free ice cream. Or, do what we'd do and take advantage of both.
Remember that not all local franchises participate in all national promotions, so be sure to call before you go.
- Buy one smoothie at Jamba Juice and get one16-ounce smoothie for $1 with this coupon. The offer expires Sept. 27.
- Get discount dining certificates for 90 percent off at Restaurant.com through Sunday, Sept. 13. It's a 99-hour sale in honor of 9/9/09. Use promo code NINETY. These certificates give you a substantial savings off meals at local restaurants.
- Get a free Oreo Lil' Rounder at Carvel from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 24. The giveaway is for Customer Appreciation Day. It coincides with Cold Stone Creamery's "World's Largest Ice Cream Social" from 5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 24, where you can get a free 3-ounce serving of Jack's creation -- sweet cream ice cream with brownie, sprinkles, and fudge as part of a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish foundation. This presents us all with a tough choice, but we know you're up to the job.
- Arby's has extended its Freebie Wednesday promotion through September: free regular Sidekickers with any sandwich purchase Sept. 16; free Roastburger with any soft drink purchase Sept. 23 and free FruiTea with any sandwich purchase Sept. 30.
- At Denny's, get 20% off your check when you order the new "Build Your own Grand Slam." The coupon is good 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. through Oct. 10.
- Teachers get 20% off or a BOGO deal at Boston Market by showing their school ID.
- Get six free buffalo wings at T.G.I. Friday's Sunday, Sept. 13, and Monday Sept. 14, at a football-watching party. And, become one of the first 500,000 fans on Facebook and get a coupon for a free Jack Daniel's burger - if they reach 500,000 fans by Sept. 30.
- Don't forget the Mars Real Chocolate Relief Act promotion. Every Friday through Sept. 25, starting at 9 a.m., the candy company is giving away 250,000 coupons (worth 89 cents each) for Mars chocolate products. Should we confess we paired this coupon with 99 cents in CVS Extra Bucks and a candy sale to get three Dove bars for 26 cents?
And, if you're looking for a deal on relaxation:
- Massage Envy is offering a Massage for the Cure deal Sept. 15. You can get a 50-minute massage for $35, with $10 going to local projects of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- Get one free week of Yoga through the Yoga Health Foundation. The deal is good only for new students.
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Contributing more than permitted to a 401k can be a costly mistake. Here's what you need to know to avoid this potential problem.
- 10 tips to earn the most from your rewards credit card
- Many retailers change return policies for the holidays
- What's the big deal about tiny houses?
- Delta, United will lower value of frequent-flier miles
- Last-minute Obamacare enrollment proving a hard sell
- 10 last-minute, money-saving Christmas shopping tips
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: The next pastry mashup - The Cro-Knot
This twist on the croissant-doughnut craze is dipped in maple glaze.
- 15 cars that literally drive themselves
- 2013's good news stories
- Bing: Ancient DNA from human relative sets age record