Kohl's Black Friday ad leaked
If you want the best bargains, you have to show up early.
The Kohl's Black Friday sale ad was leaked Sunday morning. There are a few standout deals buried in its whopping 64 pages -- mostly toy, jewelry and home items. Coupons, rebates and Kohl's cash make the deals even better.
As usual, all of the truly smoking deals are early bird specials, available only on Friday, Nov. 27, from the time the store opens at 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. (The ad does say some deals will be available online.) For every $50 you spend, you get $10 in "Kohl's cash" to use in the store the first week of December.
Here are some of the better bargains:
Fisher-Price, Tonka, Playskool, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Little Tikes, Matchbox, Crayola and Play-Doh toys are 50% off Friday morning.
All fine and sterling silver jewelry is 55% to 60% off, plus an additional 20% off (which actually makes for some decent deals, as department store jewelry is often overpriced.) Among them:
- 10K gold and diamond pendants for $37.99 (regularly $125).
- One-carat total weight diamond and silver jewelry for $99 (marked down from $425).
- 1/2-carat diamond solitaire earrings for $239 (usually $750).
Shoppers checking out the ad on deal sites were also buzzing about the Discovery Expedition projector for $79.99 (regularly $199.99) and the Kitchen-Aid Classic Plus mixer, marked down from $259 to $170 with a $20 manufacturer's mail-in rebate and $30 in Kohl's cash.
About 25 kitchen appliances range from $9.99 to $39.99 after rebate -- nice deals if you don't mind (and don't forget about) the rebate paperwork, says Brad Olson of BlackFriday.Gottadeal.com.
Olson also expects Kohl's to send cardholders another 15% off coupon in the mail.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Nearly half of family caregivers spend more than $5,000 a year, plus caregiving affects their jobs and retirement plans.
- America's most counterfeited products
- Driver survey: Men irked by phone talkers, women by lane cutters
- 5 reasons to take the company buyout (and 5 not to)
- Tired of Fed-watching, saver? Check out these banks instead
- New software targets credit card thieves at gas pumps
- Thinking of holiday shopping? Do a reality check first
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
- Video: Easy DIY smoked meats at home
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'