Friday food deals: Pie for pi
Free and discount pie, free spaghetti and free coffee are among the latest food promotions.
Here it is Friday already and time for Friday food deals and freebies.
With St. Patrick’s Day next week, many local restaurants are offering parties and deals. You can do what you want, but we are not going to drink any green beer.
Sunday, March 14, is National Pi Day, and even though it is meant to honor math and not dessert, several establishments are offering specials on pie.
Morton’s steakhouse is offering slices of its key lime pie, normally $10, for $3.14 (pi is rounded to 3.14, in case you have forgotten geometry). This is not green pie, by the way. True key lime pie is never green.
- Video: Saving on spring break
With some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap, we also found these new food deals:
- Today, March 12, from 5 to 9 p.m., get a free mini mango frozen yogurt with toppings at Pinkberry.
- Sunday, March 14, you can get a free piece of dipped fruit at Edible Arrangements.
- On Monday, March 15, Buca di Beppo wants to break the Guinness World Record with a 10,000-pound bowl of spaghetti. As part of that promotion, dine-in guests can get a free order of spaghetti with the purchase of a small or large pasta or entrée.
- On Mondays in March, get a free medium hot or iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts.
- Starbucks is seeking customers who want to try new coffees. Purchase a brewed coffee once a week for eight weeks and track your experience on your Coffee Journey card, and you’ll get a free 1-pound bag of coffee.
- At Quiznos, you can get a regular chopped salad and fountain drink for $5.99 or get $1 off a regular sub, chopped salad or Choose 2 through March 28 with these coupons.
Remember, not all local restaurants participate in all national promotions, so it’s always wise to call ahead.
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
The government's health care portal stumbled badly out of the gate 2 months ago, and it's still far from perfect.