Is it OK to ask Facebook friends for money?
A New Yorker is asking her friends to support her U.N. summer program. Worthy cause? Or tacky move?
- Bing: America's best charities
Meanwhile, with Tanya's deadline eight days away, she's raised just $770, and she says she'll give the money back if she doesn't make the full freight. Meanwhile, some of her friends have pledged to give if and when she gets close to her goal -- but not before.
- Money etiquette: You support a charity, and we're friends. But do I really have to donate?
- The 5 most charitable states in America
- Young people donate 66% less than average to charity. Seniors? 40% more.
- Other People's Money: Media blogger Rachel Sklar on selling her clothes and giving to charity
- Investigating Oklahoma's biggest charity: Corruption, wiretapping and a million-dollar house
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Tired of subsidizing the rest of the gang's big meals when all you had was a salad? There's an app for that. Other apps help to share rent, vacations and utilities.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'