Frugal or just downright cheap: Take the test
You might be surprised.
Pinyo's wife thinks he's cheap. In his mind, he's frugal. Who's right?
Take the test. It's fun. For example, here's Question No. 6.
You have some old clothes. Do you ...?
- What are you talking about? I don't have old clothes.
- I donate them when they get a little older.
- I turn them into rags.
- I am still wearing them.
We scored a 26, which means we squeaked into "You're frugal. Good job!" We also took the test for our partner blogger Donna Freedman. Her TV-free status earned her a few more "cheap" points, but she still finished with a respectable 31, well within the frugal range.
Here are two more sample questions. (To see the entire quiz, click here):
Published May 8, 2008
When you receive gifts, do you ...?
- I take them back to the store to trade up.
- I keep all my gifts.
- I may return or regift some.
- I sell them on eBay for cash.
What kind of TV do you have?
- 1080 HDTV, of course!
- A flat-screen TV, but not the latest and greatest.
- I still have the one I bought 10 years ago.
- I don't have a TV.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Cheap LED light bulbs cost more upfront -- between $8 to $10 apiece -- but begin to pay off within 18 months.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'