Friday freebies: Food, music and bus trips
Free Christmas songs for iTunes and Amazon, plus a free poinsettia.
It’s time for Friday freebies and food deals, but the deal makers seem to be settling down for a long winter’s nap, or at least a holiday hiatus. Some of last week’s deals are still good.
To make up for the lack of free food, we’ve found you some free music, free kids’ craft workshops, a free poinsettia and even a free bus trip.
For your post-holiday travel needs, Megabus is giving away 100,000 free tickets for travel between Jan. 6 and March 20.
Here are a few new food deals we found, with some help from our friends at Cities on the Cheap:
- McDonald’s has unveiled a new $1 breakfast menu and will offer sausage McMuffins, sausage biscuits, sausage burritos, hash browns or a 12-ounce coffee for $1 each, starting in January.
- El Pollo Loco is offering a skinless chicken breast meal, which includes steamed vegetables and a salad, for $2.75 with this coupon. The meal has 275 calories, the chain says. The coupon is good through Dec. 17.
- Restaurant.com’s discount dining certificates are 80% off through Dec. 14. Use promo code SHARE to get a $25 certificate for $2. The normal price is $10.
- The Swedish Meatball Plate at IKEA, regularly $4.29, is just $1 this weekend, Dec. 12-13. The plate includes 10 meatballs, mashed potatoes and cream sauce.
How about a few Christmas freebies?
- Get a free six-inch poinsettia with this coupon when you make a purchase at Earth Fare Supermarket.
- Download the 20 free songs that make up the iTunes holiday sampler. Artists include Amy Grant, Sarah McLachlan, Barry Manilow, Mannheim Steamroller, Aretha Franklin and Rascal Flatts.
- Amazon’s 25 Days of Free gives you a free Christmas song every day through Dec. 25. You can go back and download the songs you missed. Amazon also has a free Sampler Claus with seven songs. And Jennifer Maciejewski of Cities on the Cheap found a whole list of additional free Christmas songs on Amazon.
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
ABOUT SMART SPENDING
LATEST BLOG POSTS
A Fidelity study found that adult kids and their folks aren't on the same page when it comes to discussing finances.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
BLOGS WE LIKE
MUST-SEE ON MSN
A charcuterie master shares his process for cold-smoking meat at home.
- Jetpacks about to go mainstream
- Weird things covered by home insurance
- Bing: 70 percent of adults report 'digital eye strain'